Quote Originally Posted by Sly
I think I'm certain. It has been a while since I have played with DirectDraw7, so I've forgotten some of the details. I know from my code that I only added a clipper if it was not in fullscreen mode. I might have to give it another test over the weekend.

Just spent a few minutes looking over my old code. It seems that I always clipped the rects myself before using BltFast. The clipper was just to handle overlapping windows.

10:20pm on a Friday night and I'm still at work. One week to go till the next milestone and four levels to complete. Such is the life of a games developer...
Ah, I'm not doing clipping manually - I let the clipper keep everything on screen, rather than checking the areas myself per-blit. I'll have to do some tests to see which is faster. I only ever used the clipper because it's the path of least resistance. I'll get back with the results later.

Sorry to hear that you're still working so late. My job might be boring, but at least it's only 9-5. Btw, being nosy, what game is it you're doing at the moment?