Here are my random thoughts :

I've only been a member of PGD for about a year, and in that time I've been involved in two teams through PGD, working on a number of projects. Even though I consider myself a programmer first and an artist second, in both teams I'm mostly the graphic artist.

In most Art websites, a programmer will ask for an artist, and most of the time the project will fall through, or the artist leaves (Myself included).
I like how PGD combines programming with other aspects of game development, all in the one community. Instead of working for a programmer, I've been able to work closely with a programmer.

So, from my view PGD has had somewhat a success in combining the different aspects of game development, (with my favourite programming language as well) :thumbup: :thumbup:.

---

It's when you separate the other parts of game development from the programming, when projects more easily fail.

I think there should be even a little more push for Artists, Trackers, etc (As WILL is trying to accomplish). Of course, PGD should remain mostly about the programming, as it is effectively the glue that holds a project together.

If you ask me, all music and artwork forums need to be merged into a "Resources Showcase"/"Resource Request" forum. If we need content, we'll ask for it.
A lot of websites do this, and I can tell you, it doesn't feel very welcoming. You need to make the Artists/etc feel equal and important within the group, or they will feel like they are doing their job for nothing (Especially so, if it's a non paying job). That's the main reason why I see so many communities fail, they don't combine the parts, they make it out to be 'Us and Them'.

---

Both sides have very valid points, I'm just that little bit more for expanding PGD over all aspects of development. From what I've seen, the PGD staff have done a tremendous job creating this community and have never taken a wrong step, and I think they deserve all our support in what ever they decide to do.

All in all, every website questions it's exact purpose, and PGD has had a few of these types of threads before.

:whistle: