Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PGD Site Content & Focus

PGD Site Content & Focus

Ok, a lot has been said here and I don't think I can say much that hasn't been said.

I do want to say though that the staff here do listen to what everyone wants and genuinely want to make PGD the best site it can be. If you have any constructive suggestions on how to improve this site please post a new thread in this forum and we'll talk about it, with respect for each others' opinions, as we always have.

I think the upcoming contest will put a bit of life back in to the forums as there's nothing better than a new game project to get people posting new threads

PGD Site Content & Focus

Will, presenting a suggestion on improving PGD was my idea by increasing relevancy to the title (no, not to 100%!). It's hardly a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Besides that, I find it very disconcerting that you guys would resort to poo-poo-ing and cheap-shots to try to win with your points. This isn't GameDev.net, we're better than that.
    If you are referring to the screenshot I posted and the code after that, then it's too sad you don't appreciate humour.

Humor therapy is generally used to improve quality of life, provide some pain relief, encourage relaxation, and reduce stress.
    Source: Humor Therapy

In my culture it's said that a single smile can increase your lifespan by at least one day. I wasn't trying to prove any point, since I already repeated myself. You could argue, like K4Z surprisingly did, or could just have a smile and have this discussion finished.

Besides, I was about to suggest that you open a section in articles related to game development humour. Humour is a part of our daily life, including when developing games (and yes, it *can* be related to Developing Games in Pascal, see my code above). I've only seen such section on GameDev.net, but it seems rather outdated.

PGD Site Content & Focus

I like the idea about the computer programming humor section, we can always use more laughter in our lives. Too darned serious, what?

You're saying that graphics design has no effect on programming? How many polygons will the models in your game have? Who designs those? Awe, my artist's models look crappy, he could have done it like this instead and still would run nice because of a nice low poly count. I'm sure you all get the point, dispite your urge to pick it apart becasuse you just want to complain, becasue you're not winning an argument? (A personal pet peive of mine, people who complain to win with no constructive outcome.)
    I wasn't complaining, but explaining. Perhaps I should write an article on the parts of making a game. Because you know what, I'm tired of having to defend my opinion from ya'll when it's just my bloody opinion! And I even have a few good points, if you'd just read what I wrote instead of skimming it.

And I've not been resorting to cheap shots.

Might as well just go back to lurking.

PGD Site Content & Focus

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Ok, so what makes you go down BELOW the 'Programming' category of the forums? If you don't care, then why complain? Or is it that you just want more programming related material, but instead decided to complain about something else to vent for no reason?
    Thas is what I was trying to say ... :lol:
    Marmin^.Style

PGD Site Content & Focus

Hi all, I've come in a bit late on this discussion, mainly due to some serious laptop issues.

I do hope that nobody goes back to lurking!
    I realise the discussion is getting a little heated, but hope that at the end of the day we can all take a step back and learn from each other's opinions/ideas and perspectives.

I cannot speak for WILL directly, but I think we welcome contructive critism and quite a few of the points you have raised will be discussed as we want the site to improve and grow.

Also keep in mind the site is dear to our hearts. WILL has busted a gut putting it together and on occasion both WILL and I are a tad over protective of our baby at times. Like all parents we need to learn to let go a little. So after the competition we will chat about the points raised in this thread.

Thanks again for your feedback.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

PGD Site Content & Focus

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    I realise the discuss is getting a little heated
    You are not the only one.

WILL, I dont think anyone was making cheap-shots to try to win a point. Robert, as well as Lifepower made fair posts and both did it with the best intensions. In the end we all want what's best for PGD.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234