Ok we have gone WAY off topic now, thus the new split topic.

You have some very good points. And some are very good aspects to be looking at. However one thing you must consider is that the 'Pascal Game Development' site was put together to not just be a Programmer's only club. Yes, Pascal is the first word of the title, but the second two were chossen with purpose. We intend on covering ALL aspects of game development, not just programming. But, yes that will be the main focus and the site would be utterly useless without it.

Again, though with only programming, you have no project management and overall a not-too-impressive game on your hands. You need to 'bleed' some into other topics, because that is our scope.

[size=9px]This is the part I agree with you on:[/size] Now I'll admit that if you veer too far too much into some topics then you are off-balancing your whole scope and in the process losing your original focus. And in this you have to stick to ones that will help support your main focus to keep the site's content strong.

I fully intend on doing that, and in fact I have recently added some 100% programming items in the PGD Library (pending proof-reading review), which is, I think, the perfect place for all of our side-bar topics along with these non-programming forums.

Also I think that all the project management, industry or other game design related topics have a bit more value that you are letting on. In fact it's the basis and foundation for any game development project you can conceive. Otherwise I could just make it 'Pascal Game Programming' and we'd not try to push the envelope with the language nor would we be trying to grow interest in the use of Pascal-based tools.

And lastly, I don't consider GameDev.net nor DevMaster.com reasons to give up visitors becasue they have more traffic on their sites. Our target is development teams and individuals that want to use Pascal instead of the alternative. :lol: Who knows, if this site proves to be as successful as we are all trying to make it, we might not need to have 'Pascal' in the title anymore. [size=9px](But not a likely happenning for this site!)[/size]

I hope you understand my thinking on this. IF at times I seem to be trying to push really hard in a direction that seems off focus, it's because I know that you sometimes have to push twice as hard to get half the results in anything you do. That is why this site exists and that is why it has done so well. We all pushed extra hard and came up with these results. IF we only did half a job, you'd have not seen a very impressive result.

Also consider that I'm only 1/3 of the management of PGD too. I admit I like to be the innovator, push envelopes and get a little ambitious here and there. But Dom(savage) and the rest do a good job of keeping me centered and give me a reality check when I go too far. I don't think we've gone too far with the music and graphics content and forums, but I certenly will keep your points in mind about the balance of fresh content being pumped into PGD.