:clap: Well, AthenaOfDelphi hit the point exactly. :clap:

I have hung out in seperate Pascal and seperate Art forums before, trying to coordinate a team for a project, and it is virtually impossible to work. Not everyone checks emails or message boards everyday (or even once a week). And it oftens takes multiple posting on multiple boards to get a single reply. And having a project spead out over different forums also increases redundant replys from each community, as they are only getting a part of the project discussion in there forum.
Ofcourse, there is a small handfull of people that get lucky, and this works for them.

All I can say is that after finding PGD, I no longer have to search around so many different forums. In my opinion PGD is somewhat working succesfully while most others have failed. I'd hate to this this community revert to another dead pascal/delphi programming forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
What I was initially trying to say that on PGD we have a problem, which is basically lack of discussions lately. Can't you recall times where there have been no messages for some time? Isn't that enough to be used as justification?
Since every problem has a solution, I was trying to present one (which was reducing junk and increasing relevancy).
Wouldn't increasing the number of members through Artists, Musicians, etc, help increase discussions?
'Relevancy' is objectionable, it is impossible to have any medium 100% relevent, to 100% of the people.

Did anyone bother to read my example about an "3D in OpenGL" book?
Isn't that a prime example on relevancy? People probably dismissed it because they didn't think it was relevant to them. That isn't to say a 3D in OpenGL book is irrelevent to everyone.

...Most people answered with exactly the same answer: "Developing games in Pascal". Nobody ever mentioned "music tracking" or "game design"....
I too asked some people what they thought of the title Pascal Game Development, and no one exactly mentioned Programming. Though some did talk about Game Design.

Question: how do you expect music trackers to join PGD, when the revelancy is so low?
Thats why WILL's been in the Music thread asking for Music Trackers, and asking questions about tracking itself, trying to build relevancy.

I really don't see how having Artists, Musicians, etc will in anyway hinder discussion about programming. If your not interested in art just ignore it, because there's a lot of people in here that do care .
Even though only 5% of the news that gets posted on the front page is relevent to me, doesn't mean that it's not important to anyone. :think: