Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newton 1.5 released

Newton 1.5 released

This is great news

And thanks for getting the Pascal headers done so quickly Sascha :thumbup:

This is a good excuse to get my old engine out :shock: and have a play with Newton. I've always used ODE but Newton is looking a lot more fun these days

Quote Originally Posted by technomage
    Thanks for the tip on ODE, the fact that it's not developed much anymore is a bit factor, pity all my code used ode though. I knew I should have abstracted my physics system out
    I've done the same with my code :lol: I'll never learn :roll:

Newton 1.5 released

Great work on getting 1.5 out the door!

Will all the current demos work with it out of the box? Will there be some new SDL/Newton demos showing off the new features?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Newton 1.5 released

Na, some functions have been removed and some renamed, so there need to be some changes made to the current SDL Demos. I'll take care of that within the next days and release updated versions of those demos.

As for demos for new features : Just wait for the release of the NewtonPlayGround. That's my main priority right now, and I hope to get it out by the end of this month.

Re: Newton 1.5 released

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Willems
    ... version 1.5 of the Newton Game Dynamics SDK (formerly referred to as 1.35) has been released.
    Do you mind if I post this on Turbo as well?

Newton 1.5 released

On the german DelphiDev.de site they often post the news from PGD, and they always tell where they got it from and link the PGD main site.

Firle

Re: Newton 1.5 released

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
    Do you mind if I post this on Turbo as well?
    Certainly not The more widespread my news get the more comfortable I feel, so feel free to use all the news I post here also on turbo.

Newton 1.5 released

Attention to all users of the custom joint unit :
    I was recently e-mailed about errors in the custom joint unit. By accident I included an older version of that unit which was using the old name of a function from the Newton beta SDK and therefore couldn't be compiled. So please re-download the package as I uploaded a fixed version of that custom joint unit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12