Hi all,

I'm starting to tinker with DelphiX for a little project, but I've come across a potential stumbling block. The general idea is to create a top down tiling engine ( I know there are probably already engines to do it, but its a learning thing :-) ).

Obviously, I need tiles, so I have at the moment, a 320x320 8bit bitmap. I load this and chop out each tile with a TDib and then store it in the TDXImageList, ala an example that comes with DelphiX.

My initial plan was to do this dynamically, allowing the user to modify the tile set on the fly, by removing unwanted/unused, loading new ones etc. etc.

And this is where I've encountered a problem. Once the form is displayed, no matter what I try, I can't get the tiles to be drawn on the TDXDraw surface. If I load them in the formCreate event handler, it works.

I've come to the conclusion that when the form is displayed, Direct X/DelphiX does some magic that buffers/initialises the image list and the surface to work with one another... can anyone shed any light on the issue? best of all... can anyone advise as to how to load the tiles once the form has been displayed, allowing me to dynamically change the tile set?

I've not ruled out changing from DelphiX if someone can provide me with a better alternative that doesn't bog me down in too much code.

Thanks in advance for any help :-)