Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
While I like the code of the week concept, I think that you ought to start a topic specifically to garner the snippets of code - then at the end of the week the admins sort them through, select and post the one(s) they like most. Or it could just be a "never-ending" que of snippets to post.
I agree with Robert, this idea is deserving of a seperate thread. Lifepower, go ahead and make a sperate topic about this idea and see what others think or can give you. If it turns out to be popular, perhaps we can work to publish it and make it available for syndication.

Personally I am very happy that you'll be adding more programming articles. A few topics of interest to me are: Game loop structure/execution, Object Orientation/Optimization (and how much is too much? :? ), Basic Assembly.
If you know of any that you are reading or have read please email me with the URL! It'll help a lot with even this simple endevour.

Also, you will want to keep an eye on Athena's column! She is going to be doing a lot of material on optimization and other things like propper pogramming practices. The kind of stuff that is often abused by independant brand game developers. And it will all have a game programming flavour to it too. So you won't feel so much like it's a dull highschool math lesson. I'm quite happy to have her writting for PGD.

The latter is because I can't make heads or tails out of assembler, and it freaks me out when getting unexpected errors in asm code. (Like attempting to update a component I found...)
The Assembly language is a great, wonderful and powerful midget! :eh: It'll get right in there and get to all those fine wonderful places that you can't go with any other high-level language.

That said, it's a great companion to Pascal and I was hoping to be able to find at least some nice in-line ASM material to stick in the library. If anyone has a good beginners tutorial for assembly, hopefully relating to one of the modern compilers or IDEs available now let me know!

Staffers, start looking for some things too. Every bit and peice helps! :clap: