Thread: Delphi XE3 , Asphyre Sphinx 3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi , thank you!

Well after the timer issue with my previous project and some other stuff I was off for a while. But I feel like trying this again, I will eventually succeed in finishing at least a simple game once.

Anyway I've started experimenting with Asphyre Sphinx 3 , hate this feeling, I feel overwhelmed, don't know where to start etc... pfffff. Anyway I've decided that I'll update this post regularly with my findings, I'm planning to redo my previous (unfinished ) editor in this engine perhaps with more success.

The examples are a bit to much for my taste...but one can't expect the creator of the engine to make a step-by-step example for people, you are supposed to learn it or find another hobby. So what I did is, I've created my first test which is the first in a series of step-by-step tutorials for more complex stuff.

Right now what it does is, initialize the engine in full screen with 640x480, uses Sprite Engine (by Gutya, thank you!!!) , it loads one image from the archive file, creates one sprite that can be moved around with the mouse on the screen. Using ESCAPE you can exit the program. Not much, but for the very first very basic step it's something.

Greetings
    Robert
    Attached Files Attached Files