Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delphi XE3 , Asphyre Sphinx 3

DirectX9 is also smooth, it just hit me, DirectX7 is some kind of weird software rendering thing.... anyway please take a look at my source doing the scrolling like that in processing is correct?
    I think that using DirectX 7 provider on Windows Vista and newer would result running in software mode which is there for backward compatibility while using DirectX 7 provider on Windows XP should still result in mostly hardware acelerated mode depending on your graphics card capabilities.

Anywhay I quickly checked your code and I don't think there are any major botlenecks in it. Athleast none of them caught my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by robert83 View Post
    just trying to learn somthng...and pass some time till I get some job in Germany (which is harder then I thougt , cause I don't have any IT degree, and even though I've created a quiet nice database program for vehicle management as a demonstration of my skils, and I do know a thing or two about Linux ... I feel they don't care...sh*t... , my life NOOOO.... sorry drifted a bit of)
    Unfortunately there aren't many jobs available for Delphi/Objective Pascal programmers due to language not being so popular.
    And due to the fact that creating a database driven application is not so hard these days I don't think that is best way to show your programming skils.
    A guy I know managed to make rudimentary inventory managment program (database driven) in just about three days. And later he spend about two months discusing and finetuning the visual interface to fully suit the customer needs.

And while we are talking about databases check your PM I got a question for you for a change

Sorry , but what you wrote about database written application kinda bothers me , what I did in 6 months
    approx. In my freetime (I'm working for a Leihfirma, meening sometimes I had to travel, and a work day was 9-10 or 12 hours lon) is :
    planB which can do this :
    - Mileage log, Service, Registratio , Mandatory Insurance.
    - Global, Driver, Company , Mileage log, Fuel, City etc stats.
    - Driver, Vehicle, Vehicle Expenses, Avarage fuel consumption diagram.
    - Reminders for oil , tacho , fire extinguisher, leasing, health check, driving skills check.
    - Unlimited number of Vehicle Groups and Vehicles ( Private, Company,Warehouse, VIP,etc)
    - One window user interface with multiple panels for simple usage
    - Different regional settings with different date time formats fully supported.
    - 100% Unicode, can handle special charactrs from various languages.
    - Multi user
    - Simple user rights :
    - Administrator , highest level , can do everything
    - User , he does the work, cannot deactivate items, cannot add new users, cannot view program stats
    - Guest , can only view reports.
    - Program can export almost all tables to EXCEL , all tables can be auto adjusted to fit text size, all tables support fast search.
    - Every report can be printed or directly exported to PDF , by mileage log to EXCEL as well.
    - Uses MS SQL 2008 r2 ( free edition ) , written with Delphi XE3.
    - Automatic backups
    - Program has usage stats ( how much time users spend inside, active inactive time, machine name...)
    - Multi lingual (self translated to languages I know) : English, German, Hungarian, Serbian... Everything is translated .

Run's well under : WinXP,Vista,7,8,8.1

I don't know, if this is not a good way to showoff a bit of my knowledge... attached some images...of program,
    anyway maybe I'm doing something wrong here only 8 months in Germany...I'll go to school...here everything needs to be on paper, will do this Fachinformatiker ausbildun ....

The program is currently used in Serbia by one "medium" sized Company ... has approx. 50~ vehicles...

I'll reply to your other question private....anyway drifted really off now ... back to game making dingie....

Greetings
    Robert
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is a very interesting thread, I have exactly the same starting point. I worked with Delphi 7 and Asphyre 3.1 and moved to Lazarus and Asphyre Sphinx 3 now. I try to find my way around with the examples, I want to write a small 2d tile based game aswell. Looking forward to help each other!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12