Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 PGD Annual 'The Big Boss' Competition

Re: Where's Linux ?

Quote Originally Posted by michalis
    I looked at specification of judge LifePower's machine, and I noticed that there's no Linux...
    I already told Savage that I will be running Mandriva Linux 2006 (PowerPack) on both machines, but I guess he didn't update the information yet.

2006 PGD Annual 'The Big Boss' Competition

Cancel my last post. It appears I used an incorrect username/password combo. Tried again just now and I got the correct page. Apparently there is no 'you've entered a wrong username/password ' -text or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Cancel my last post. It appears I used an incorrect username/password combo. Tried again just now and I got the correct page. Apparently there is no 'you've entered a wrong username/password ' -text or something.
    I'd have to assume that this is the case with most who are loggin in incorrectly.

As you may or may not notice. When registering it asks for an email address (CASE SENSATIVE and used as your LOGIN NAME) and password (also CASE SENSITIVE) for each team member registered. If you type this in wrong, you'll not login properly. So whoever registers your personal login, make sure that he gets the case right on the password and email address.

As for Lifepower's specs, I'll be updating these myself soon.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Ok, all is well. I updated my details. Thanks.
    My site: DelphiTuts.com (coming soon)...

Download Font Studio 4.21 here.

If we have a major re-vamp planned as a stage of our development will it be counted against us? For example, my current setup is that the Sprite, Map, Level, Object, and Scripting is all in seperate executables. In the end I plan on rolling them all into one editor (Map/Level Editor). While I have already started rolling them up, I'm not sure I'll be done by the Feb 11th deadline. So if I send in multiple EXE's that later are a single EXE that may or may not use the same file formats (but offers imports of the older formats) will I be penelized?

Blog Entries

As long as you complete the GOAL before or on the date of the DEADLINE DATE, you get the points. Period.

Whatever you do after is up to you. Provided you meet the goals for the next deadline, you'll get those points for those goals. Need not worry about all else. It's all on you and your team to Manage Your Time Effectively to meet the stage goals...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Error Submitting Project

Hi, I'm trying to submit our team's entry and I'm getting the following error. I've tried this several

"Couldn't Upload Your File"

The zip file I'm submitting has 5 files in it and is 16.1MB.

How do I upload my project?

Re: Error Submitting Project

Quote Originally Posted by Zenophran
    Hi, I'm trying to submit our team's entry and I'm getting the following error. I've tried this several

"Couldn't Upload Your File"

The zip file I'm submitting has 5 files in it and is 16.1MB.

How do I upload my project?
    I think there are file size limitations in PHP configuration and 16 Mb seems to be way above that. I'd say some FTP access is needed.

Blog Entries

I've been told about one other case of this. However I have also seen successful attempts. So I know it does work, but not in all cases.

So.. tell me what is the exact filename of the file AND filesize.

I'd recommend trying to stick with web-safe filenames. Other than that I don't know what else to suggest right now, except maybe try to uploading a smaller test file.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hi,

I've sent you a PM with the name and size. This last time I'd renamed it to a lowercase 8.3 format file name and still didn't go.

Thanks

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast