Abra Academy History

Me (Programmer), and a friend mine (Artist), did have done a scratch of a "Find Hidden Objects" game, almost fully completed, built in Delphi 2006 using the Asphyre Engine (Direct3D), and in setember/06, we began the process of sending the game to portals to get the game publicated. At the end, we done a exclusive distribuition contract with the BigFishGames, where BigFish buyed all the rights over our game, and then we will be must almost rebuild all the game, but now, with the BigFish support in the Game Design Area, QA and a lot of other things. In this change, we made a decission to use a engine that will be also MAC compatible, in the search for this engine, i did found the Phoenix Engine by Andreaz, that was only in the begining, but that was looking very mas que parecia muito promising, and I decided to bet in it. During the process, Andreaz did helped me a lot, developing a lot of resources in engine which I needed to make the game, I can cite between them, the possibility to use Different Sizes of Retangular Patterns (what it was really essential so that the game could exist), improvements in the Particle Engine, a Path Engine that helped me a lot and saved me of a lot of work, a lot of improvements onGui Engine, and a lot of other little things. In the begining, i was using Lazarus, but because a lot of bugs of Lazarus IDE, and the lack of a good Refactoring and Debug, i have changed all to Turbo Delphi, but keeping the FreePascal Compatibility.

In the end, the complete engines list of the game was!