Hmm.. well true my intel(the noun not the company, no pun intended) my be old, but my standards don't change. As far as I've seen Intel has primarily always been more stable with AMD failing poorly of struggling to catch up. But that may have been past. Consider this half oppinion of history half question about current standards.

BTW, Intel hasn't stopped developing so much. It just has stopped pushing the GHz ranges and started trying to go low power. Notice all the Centrino ads everywhere? Pentium M is what their new thing is. Come to think of it, Intel never was powerhouse. IT was the DEC Alpha. Intel was the one waving the RISC architecture. And then AMD came in later with their 'discount' versions.

Hey, anybody remember Cyrux? Or was it Cyrix? They died out faster than Paul Marten's election campaign. :lol:

Linux support is a good issue to bring up too since Mr. Louis does indeed run it. I agree with nVidia as a good Linux GPU chipset. ATI is more closed about it's hardware and doesn't really play nice with the Linux world.