Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New motherboard, CPU and GPU combination - advice needed!!!

New motherboard, CPU and GPU combination - advice needed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    When are the Dx10 cards due out?
    This year, but they will be pricy!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

OK I think I might get the... GF 7600 ( http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s....html?NOV-76GT ) for now and the 1GB AM2 Mother board bundle.

Will that be adequate for until the Dx10 cards come out?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Hmm... I'm currious as to who is going to create software that is DirectX 10 required and when that will start to happen.
    crytek (the people who made farcry) will be releasing crysis with dx10 although it will have dx9 support.

flight simulator 10 will have an upgrade to add dx10 goodies

halo 3 will be dx10 only

There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

wow those screen-shots look great! ..can’t really be compared to what my GC can do
    [size=9px]BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    <br />d s-- : a24 GB GCS GTW GE C++ P L+ W++ N+ K- w++++ M- PS+ PE+ Y- t+ 5+++ X+ R*
    <br />tv b+ DI++ D+ e++ h+ G-
    <br />END GEEK CODE BLOCK[/size]
    <br />Create your own GeekCode block at: <a href="">...</a>

Maybe my eyes aren't good enough, but I though they looked very similar to the SM 3.0 screen shots. They do look good, but I'm not sure if they are that much better than the current generation of cards. Presumably even the newer games will support SM 3.0 at least for a another year or so.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clootie
    Finally an improvement to game graphics that actually warrent a 'proper' hardware upgrade!

I think that this is the era that I remember being mentioned that all games would "look like your playing Shrek". And a Flight Simulator game that I can actually concieve people paying money for. :lol:

Some of those games though, look like they are more of the same as what we have now. Bloodgate: London [size=9px](or whatever)[/size], Company Of Heroes [size=9px](though a slightly nicer than Return to Castle Wolfinstien)[/size] and Halo 2 don't have that CG rendered movie look.

Of course I'm talking about the jump from what we now know as cutting edge PC game graphics to what these ones obviously are going to open our eyes to.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

screenshots dont do crysis justice, you need to see a gameplay movie for it

I dont even have the latest nvidia drivers (I really should update those, I know) but those Company of Heroes shots do not look al that different from what I can see with my 6800GT.
    Granted, those Crysis screenshots look very nice and I really can't wait to play it. But do I have my doubts about upgrading my videocard & OS once they becomes available, just to play it at DX10. If my current system does the job just as well (judging by CoH it does), I might just stick with what I have for at least another six months.

edit: tux is right. If you have the chance, go watch a few of those games at www.gametrailers.com. Crysis is definitely not one to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Granted, those Crysis screenshots look very nice and I really can't wait to play it. But do I have my doubts about upgrading my videocard & OS once they becomes available, just to play it at DX10.
    Well, I'm afraid you will need to upgrade your videocard just to play in DX9 mode :lol: :twisted:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast