Quote Originally Posted by Firlefanz
if I have a huge explosion, I want to 'shake' the whole screen.

How can I do that? Right now I tried to set the rotation of the screen, this works but does not look so good, any possibility to really 'shake' the screen in x/y direction?
Make sure you have a "camera" or view position for all objects (see this long thread, where I explained how to do it. Shaking it is just a matter of adding small random displacements with changing amplitude (an increasing and decreasing curve).

Quote Originally Posted by Firlefanz
And what other 'wow' effects could I add? I already have lots of particles but nothing else right now.
Few ideas:

1) Most particle effects will do like explosions, smoke, fire, etc. For instance, when an object is damaged, you can show smoke or fire coming out of it.

2) Motion-blur: either local (for a specific object) or global (entire screen) when something is happening.

3) "There are many of them!" effect. For instance, put like 20 objects on the same position (same rotation, etc), so they look like one single object. Then slowly move them away, which will create a feel of thousand objects coming out of one and impress/surprise the player.