[rantmode=true]
And here we are again! Wake up people, there's a guy here displaying his latest work?!
You have the chance to test his game, to get a bit involved in the making. The screenshot posted may probably not display the latest in game design, but surely of all spaceshooters we've seen so far here on PGD, this one doesn't look all that bad now, does it?

Then why is it that nobody has given any comments at all? Why is it that nobody took ten minutes of his time to download the game, play it a bit and write something about it Is it really that hard?!
I know Darthman didn't specifically ask for c&c's but surely, if he didn't want to get any he wouldn't have placed a shot of his game here on PGD now, would he?!

Put yourself in his place for a moment, say you managed to get your precious work to alpha stage, ready for some testing, see what people think about it, to get some opinions. How'd you feel if there was not a single comment written in nearly a weeks time?
I doubt you'll come back with another version. Nobody cares to write something anyway. Hell, you might even think these folks over at PGD are a real bunch of <insert striking term here>. You might even second guess your decision to sign up.

Wake up you lot! PGD isn't only for asking questions on how to get your code to work. We want you to give something too! In this case, it's mayby 15 minutes of your time.
And with those 15 minutes you'll not only please the guy you're writing to, but in the long run also yourself.

Thanks
[rantmode=false]

Darthman, I'm sorry I had to use your thread to vent some of my irritations. It kinda bugged me for some time, and your thread seemed like a good place to let it out.

Anyways, your game.
I think its an excellent start. It's obviously not completed yet as many things are still missing, but from what I have seen, it has great potential.

As it is still very much work in process, I'm not going to write too much about it, but there was one thing I did notice specifically and that're the three panels on the bottom. Are they permanent? I find them to be 'in the way'. They are big, don't add to much to the game itself, and they take up way too much space. I suggest to combine these elements into one panel and to move the whole thing into a corner. I can't speak for all gamers, but with these kind of games I tend not to want too many things on my screen, but my ship and the stuff I need to blow up. Everything else is just in the way.

Very positive points are the ships and backgrounds. Really nice work there! Keep it up!