Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 PGD Annual Competition : screenshots

2006 PGD Annual Competition : screenshots

I thought it might be a nice idea to start a thread where people can post screenshots of their entries. I suppose it could be of anything, concept, in game screenshots, storyboards whatever.

Here goes mine. Its a shot straight out of Lightwave, but I'm aiming to get my game as close to this as possible. (2d game btw)

eep, i think its time i start to panic

very nice!

:thumbup: Wow. If you get it even half way close to that it'll be stunning!

With a bit of luck - the first screen shots from our game engine will be out on monday evening sometime.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Oh damn... Hey, grouzd)Ev, how do you think, should we show them our screenshot. 8))
    Sorry about my auful english

Re: PGD Competition : screenshots

Traveler, that image looks amazing! I especially like shadows, something that takes several hours to render here in 3dsMax. Can't wait to see your game.

Hey! It's scare tactics! Traveler, you are aiming to FUD your competitors by using Lightwave editor/renderer! :lol:
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Clootie
    Hey! It's scare tactics! Traveler, you are aiming to FUD your competitors by using Lightwave editor/renderer! :lol:

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by cairnswm
    With a bit of luck - the first screen shots from our game engine will be out on monday evening sometime.
    Great! Looking forward to them

Quote Originally Posted by Kefir
    Oh damn... Hey, grouzd)Ev, how do you think, should we show them our screenshot. )
    You bet, let's see what you done so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
    Traveler, that image looks amazing! I especially like shadows, something that takes several hours to render here in 3dsMax. Can't wait to see your game
    Thanks! It's exactly the shadows I'm worried about. In lightwave this is quite easy. Put all objects together in a scene, add a light and hit the render button. In my game I'll have to separate these elements. I might be able to fake the shadows a bit, but they'll never look as good as these.
    Ps. The grass is the killer in this scene, a 640x480 shot takes around 6 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by clootie
    Hey! It's scare tactics! Traveler, you are aiming to FUD your competitors by using Lightwave editor/renderer!
    LOL. Yeah of course :twisted:

Nah j/k I never ever want to see someone quit the compo just because I can make pretty renders in a 3D app.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast