Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
Thanks! It's exactly the shadows I'm worried about. In lightwave this is quite easy. Put all objects together in a scene, add a light and hit the render button. In my game I'll have to separate these elements. I might be able to fake the shadows a bit, but they'll never look as good as these.
Ps. The grass is the killer in this scene, a 640x480 shot takes around 6 mins.
I think faking shadows is a common way to do it and if done right it may look very good (and difficult to notice). It also depends on the perspective the object is looked at: isometric view gives an advantage here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney
Now I show some graphics of my RPG-styled game, 2D isometric of course. I'm using a self-developed JEDI-SDL wrapper (see my signature) for the game, the editor will be made with (Un)DelphiX.
The stone looks a bit like "floating" and not actually staying on the land. I'd suggest that you increase shadow intensity. If you can't make alpha-blended shadows, then at least you can apply old good 50% dithering (chessboard like, every 2nd pixel is transparent) to make it look transparent. A high resolution like 800x600 and bigger would make it almost unnoticeable.