Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cell Fray

Cell Fray

I also like the idea of the game. Could you also add the ability to choose which side you can be.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Cell Fray

A News item has been posted.

You should consider extending the game to have multiple factions. and even make it multiplayer. Therefore you could have Red, Blue, Yellow etc all taking part in a MMO Fray Fest.

There really aren't enough bacterial based games.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Cell Fray

An interesting game indeed. Great job! Reminds me of those Experimental Gameplay projects with its simplicity and fun to play.

As Savage said, multiplayer would really fit well in there and most of the online fps modes (ctf f.e.) can also be succesfully applied. So... counter cell strike anyone?

Onto some bads and wishes next:
    - the text is indeed a little small to be read from further away, although this does make the screen look very clean
    - wouldn't it be better if one could wrap around the map borders instead of stopping at them?
    - zooming the main screen and minimap would be nice, although not really necessary with current gameplay mode

Btw, it would be possible to use a keyboard by controlling the cells directly, instead of point-and-click. Selecting cells could be area-based (like - select all cells around a certain radius of currently selected ones) or have some rotating field-of-view around the main cell. Doubtful if it would be more convenient than a mouse though...

Ummm... i think that is all

P.S.: anyone beat this game at the hardest level yet?

Cell Fray

To be honest, I won't probably make a multiplayer version, though it would be certainly great fun to play. However, as soon as I have some free time again, I will do the improvements in the singleplayer version (as I mentioned above).

Quote Originally Posted by fragle
    Wouldn't it be better if one could wrap around the map borders instead of stopping at them?
    I don't fully understand what you exactly mean. Could you explain it for me?

P.S.: anyone beat this game at the hardest level yet?
    I did

Cell Fray

Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    I don't fully understand what you exactly mean. Could you explain it for me?
    Umm... let's see... I guess animation would tell it best If you were to go right all the time, you would hit a map border and stop (like that) like it is now. If you were to wrap around, you would just continue at the opposite corner (like that). Hope it makes sense

Just thought of another game option - how about being able to set a custom amount of enemy cells? Would provide practically unlimited difficulty.. and replayability

P.S.: sorry for the late reply ops:

Cell Fray

Umm... let's see... I guess animation would tell it best If you were to go right all the time, you would hit a map border and stop (like that) like it is now. If you were to wrap around, you would just continue at the opposite corner (like that). Hope it makes sense
    Ok, I understand and I will think about it.

Just thought of another game option - how about being able to set a custom amount of enemy cells? Would provide practically unlimited difficulty.. and replayability
    No problem, you will be able to set amount of both your and enemy cells.

Cell Fray

Finally, I completed next version of Cell Fray, labeled as Cell Fray v1.1. Though I didn't implement all suggested improvements, I think it's more playable game now. Anyway, feel free to criticise

You can download it from here: http://gogoweb.wz.cz/other/programs/cell_fray_11.zip (cca 460 kB)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12