Lifepower,

I think the trouble started in your first post in this thread when you wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
Few days ago I checked the latest version of Free Pascal, but it's still not as half as good as Delphi. In fact, I disliked Delphi for creating large EXEs (~400 Kb; KOL can be a nice alternative though), but when I saw FreePascal's empty application take several megabytes :shock:
The thing is that an empty FreePascal application is not "several megabytes" but only about 20KB, as dmantione said. What you meant to say, which you subsequently made clear, was that an empty-window Lazarus application took up several MB. In light of this, perhaps you will understand the vigorousness of dmantione's initial response. He wanted to disabuse uninformed folk of the notion that empty FreePascal applications take up several megabytes. I'll just add that I have no desire to defend any subsequent posts by dmantione or anyone else.

As to the question of the size of empty-window Lazarus applications, I haven't been able to get it under 2MB (in Linux), but then I haven't really looked very closely at the matter. One thing I think I'm right about: the relatively large size of Lazarus executables is entirely due to Lazarus, and has nothing to do with FreePascal.