Quote Originally Posted by dmantione
When you want to compare executable sizes you must configure the compiler into a configuration suitable for release exes. Otherwise no comparison is possible. That is true for any compiler. You should know that, if you don't that is lack of knowledge on your side.
Actually, making such great claim about all compilers only shows YOUR inexperience and lack of maturity in the matter.

That is stupborn. If I say the in size between Linux and Windows is nihil, then it is so.
My grandmother says that she is ill because someone has put an evil eye on her. When I asked why, she said: "Don't ask stupid questions. If I say I'm ill because someone has put an evil eye on me, then it is so!" Dude, we have a problem! :lol:

Indeed, Delphi applications don't run under Linux, but you are reversing it: That is a problem for Delphi, not for FPC.
"My piece of pie is not bad! Your piece of pie is better, but it's your problem!" -> from a humour show. I guess there is nothing to discuss here.

Lastly, the LCL is has little to do with games. This site is about games. It would be more appropriate to compare the sizes of JEDI-SDL applications.
First, if LCL has little to do with games, then please tell me, how in earth are you going to make a map/scenario editor without making user-interface? Second, the fact that this site is about developing games has nothing to do with LCL, so *this* looks more like a "nonsense" to me.