Thread: pPC03G

pPC03G

It stands for "pstudio's PGD Challenge 03 Game"

So I thought I better make a post about my game. Basically it's a Puzzle Platformer or something like that.
    There's an alien protagonist who has to collect all the coins for each level. However this alien ain't to bright. Actually it's quite hopeless.
    It's afraid of heights and will never jump (despite the fact that it can't be hurt from fall damage). You have to place boxes and jump pads to make the alien collect all the coins.

This is really more of a prototype than an actual game. There's only 7 levels and they're quite easy. I imagined that there would have been more levels, items to place and more stuff to interact with like enemies. However I couldn't be bothered There's not even sound or animation this game (or a menu). There's just enough to get an idea of what this game could have been.

However for me this wasn't really about making a game. I've recently started planning/development of a game engine for the game I really want to make. It's gonna be based on LibGDX and the Artemis entity framework. This was really more about gettingvaluable experience with Artemis and figuring out how I wan't my engine to be designed. From this point of view I would say this project has been quite succesful since I'm much more clear about how I want my engine to work.

Anyway, a boring screenshot of the game and the development environment in the background.

regards.

pgd03screen.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/r/nv35g1/5
    Last edited by pstudio; 15-09-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Neat...looking forward to trying it
    Pity the screenshot is small, it is hard to see stuff...

Blog Entries
    That alien looks soo cute!

Peter, your entry names inspire me. lol Looks great. You still have until the rest of today so if there is a bug that's buggin' you... go for it! At least you'll have something in if you uploaded early.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Neat...looking forward to trying it
    Pity the screenshot is small, it is hard to see stuff...
    I don't know why the image has been resized to such a small image. I've added a link that should make it easier to see "stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    That alien looks soo cute!
    Yeah I like it though I can't take credit for it. It comes from the excellent Open Bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Peter, your entry names inspire me. lol Looks great. You still have until the rest of today so if there is a bug that's buggin' you... go for it! At least you'll have something in if you uploaded early.
    Thank you. I put a lot effort into coming up with meaningful, intelligent, sharp and witty names for my games
    Regarding bugs... I'm just too lazy to fix them and I'll rather just watch football rest of the night.

I thought about making a video of gameplay but there's hardly any point in showing me solving my own puzzles.

For convenience I've uploaded the game here if you can't be bothered with the ftp.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pstudio View Post
    I don't know why the image has been resized to such a small image. I've added a link that should make it easier to see "stuff".
    There are settings when you go to upload the image. Double click on it after it's loaded into the editor and choose the size you prefer. By default I think it sets it to a small size.

Quote Originally Posted by pstudio View Post
    Thank you. I put a lot effort into coming up with meaningful, intelligent, sharp and witty names for my games
    Regarding bugs... I'm just too lazy to fix them and I'll rather just watch football rest of the night.

I thought about making a video of gameplay but there's hardly any point in showing me solving my own puzzles.

For convenience I've uploaded the game here if you can't be bothered with the ftp.
    Oh no, please make and upload a small video if you can. I'm going to take all the video that everyone submits of their games and cut a small showcase video to promote the PGD Challenge. I want to show off everyone's work in a nice visual format. It'll also be available on YouTube so they'll in turn bring more eyes for the community. If I get enough I can make a couple of videos, but I intend to use it for trailer purposes anyhow. Not to show everything about the game.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder