Ok, I have switched to the html files of the documentation and I will tell you whenever I find an error.

At the moment I am working through it using Lazarus as IDE. Unfortunaltey I was not able to set up the included textbased IDE to properly use the Jedi-SDL. When I entered the SDL direcotries under Options|Directories it seams that the compiler can't find all the other units as he suddenly asks for pthreads which is located in fpcs own units directory (and he does not ask for it if I leave the directories blank).

However when typing the following code using Lazarus :

Code:
program SDLTest;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

uses
  sysutils,
  sdl; // All SDL App's need this

var
   screen_ : PSDL_Surface;
begin
     // Initialize the SDL library
     if &#40;SDL_Init&#40;SDL_INIT_VIDEO&#41; < 0&#41; then
     begin
          WriteLn&#40;PChar&#40;Format&#40;'Couldn''t initialize SDL &#58; %s',
            &#91;SDL_GetError&#93;&#41;&#41;&#41;;
          // Clean up on exit
          SDL_Quit;
          exit;
     end;

// Have a preference for 8-bit, but accept any depth
     screen_ &#58;= SDL_SetVideoMode&#40;640, 480, 8, SDL_SWSURFACE or SDL_ANYFORMAT&#41;;
     if &#40;screen_ = nil&#41; then
     begin
          WriteLn&#40;PChar&#40;Format&#40;'Couldn''t set 640x480x8 video mode &#58; %s',
            &#91;SDL_GetError&#93;&#41;&#41;&#41;;

SDL_Quit;

halt&#40;1&#41;;
     end;
     WriteLn&#40;PChar&#40;Format&#40;'Set 640x480 at %d bits-per-pixel mode',
       &#91;screen_.format.BitsPerPixel&#93;&#41;&#41;&#41;;
end.
I get the error that screen_.format is an illegal qualifier. Using the code completion with screen_ I always get the result screen_.PSDL_Surface;
This happens with Lazarus under Windows as well but Delphi 6 does not have any problems with it. Does anyone have an idea whats the problem with this? Oh and I tried to turn the Delphi compatibility mode on but it did not change the result.

A little side question: is open kylix worth the download?

thanks
Michael