Hi all,

I am taking my first steps with Jedi-SDL and unfortunatley, a few things didn't work the way they should (or as I think they should). Installing the SDL was quite easy and the included demos worked well using Delphi 6.

Afterwards I worked my way through the documentation and came to the following code example (Example 2-3. Loading and Displaying a BMP File):

Code:
(*     
 * Palettized screen modes will have a default palette (a standard     
 * 8*8*4 colour cube), but if the image is palettized as well we can     
 * use that palette for a nicer colour matching     
 *)    
if (image.format.palette and screen_.format.palette) then    
begin      
  SDL_SetColors(screen_, @image.format.palette.colors[0], 0, image.format.palette.ncolors);    
end;
This can't be possible as image.format.palette and screen_.format.palette are of PSDL_Palette, so Delphi refuses to compile. Well thats my first problem. The second one has something to do with the free pascal compiler as I want to use the Jedi-SDL with Linux as well.

For now I have installed fpc under windows and set it up according to this article:
http://www.freepascal.org/wiki/index.php/FPC_and_SDL
I am able to compile the SDL demos without errors but and some of them execute without problems but the Oxygene Demo (...\JEDI-SDL\SDLSpriteEngine\Demos\Oxygene) crashes with the error that the entry point for "IMG_string_equals" was not found in "SDL_image.dll". When I compile it with Delphi it works like a charm.

Perhaps someone could give me a hint what I have done wrong.

Thanks in advance
iax