Some gamers often look for a specific thing when eyeing games for purchase. I know that I will only buy a game if it has great replay value. If I feel that I'll play it enough that it's worth my 40-60 bucks(CAD) it better be just as fun to play not only around the time I bought it, but also for the next few years aswell.

Thats my first requirement, however I also want something different. Why get something new, if I already have something? So I like to look for the most innovative gameplay themes or genres. This will be the next thing that intices me and lure me into the excitement of getting the game.

Lastly, what kind of world is in that game? Do I want to jump in an get involved or not? If the world or universe is vast and has lots of interesting things going on, I'd most definately want to go and check everything out. If there isn't much to it, my curriosity will wane and I'll probably look elsewhere. Lush enviroments in a huge world, an epic story to draw you in or some fun escape and a fun theme is what interests me in my games.

So what would you need to buy that new game?