2006 PGD Annual: PGD Boss

Quote Originally Posted by aidave
    llol

the way this contest is layed out is pretty cool
    by meeting the goals of the previous stages
    it allows us to focus on a boss for one stage
    and not worry too much about overhead tasks

:right:
    The aim of the contest is to hopefully instill some kind of good planning habits so that when you start other projects you are more likely to finish them if you incrementally build on features.
    We've all been in the situation where you start a really ambitious project, but due to lack of planning it just blows up in you face and you get frustrated and give up. By breaking things up into manageble/chewable pieces you achieve smaller goals which motivates you to meet the next set of goals. Success breeds success.

We hope everyone is getting something out of it.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

2006 PGD Annual: PGD Boss

Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    He's still in my head
    Snap :-) I have a lot of work to do besides the boss. Since we're going for RPG style, I have to have proper inventory system, dialogues with NPC's, quest log... the list is endless :?

Still, nothing like a challenge :-D
    Tell me about it Athema, I've spent more time on my questing system, inventory system, dialogs and NPC's then anything else, and I STILL CAN'T SHOW IT OFF YET! Good news, animation is back in my engine. My frist mini-boss was finished on monday (at least I have that) and honestly I have almost every milestone complete. Yet none of the game is actually playable yet .

Right now I'm working on owned sprites (I forgot about it till I started taking items from my inventory and placing them on my paperdoll ) if all goes well I'll have that done this weekend. At that point stage 4 is complete and its on to the finishing touches witch will take more work then everything else put together. I have all my quests written down on paper, I just have to find the graphics, script them out, play test them all (that should take a while) and figure out what I have time to complete for the compo.

Can't wait to see yours, just to see another RPG for the compo .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12