Thread: TIP: How to deal with Delphi 7 "RLINK32: Error opening file "*.DFM"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    After a similar experience (reformatting my rig many times), I decided to have all my sources in separated folder and manually install any component I may need. That way, I kept delphi faster and lighter. I also keep zips for anything related to sources, components and tools, and backups on rw dvds/memory sticks. Maybe it sounds crazy and obsesive, but never lost a working component/library again.

@SilverWarrior: Yep, i used them but i dont remember what component exactly. Sometimes my projects just sit without any activity for long time and i forget easily what i have done or how and what i have used.

Sorry, whats the "hte"?

@pitfiend: what do you mean manually? I also install manually, not using any installer, just Component->Install Component.
    If you mean, you create them at runtime, then this is another story.

Currently i have 3 partitions on my HDD. 1 for Win and other 2 for my stuff. So always before formatting i move projects folder from Delphi folder on C:\ part to my other partitions. Same with folder called Comp in Delphi 7 folder. In this Comp folder i hold all my used components. And then i just format the C: part, without touching others.

Quote Originally Posted by hwnd View Post
    Sorry, whats the "hte"?
    That was ment to be "the".
    For some reason I'm making lots of spelling mistakes lately. Don't ask me why as I have no idea. But it is anoying as it hinders my programming productivity (I keep fixing errors in code due to my spelling mistakes).