Thread: Darwinia Wins Grand Prize for Best Independent Game at IGF

Darwinia Wins Grand Prize for Best Independent Game at IGF

The results are finally in and have have been posted over on Gamesutra...
    Introversion's retro-stylish PC action-strategy title Darwinia led the pack at the 2006 Independent Games Festival (IGF) Awards, taking three prizes, including the $20,000 Seumas McNally Grand Prize for Best Independent Game. The winners were announced last night at the 8th Annual IGF Awards ceremony, hosted by the Game Developers Conference (GDC) at the San Jose Civic Auditorium in San Jose, Calif.
    The IGF awarded the following games in each category in the main competition - each received a cash prize of $2,500 as well as sponsor-related prizes, apart from the AdultSwim.com Award ($5,000) and the Grand Prize ($20,000):

* Seumas McNally Grand Prize
    Darwinia
    * Best Web Browser Game
    Dad 'N Me
    * Innovation In Game Design
    Braid
    * Technical Excellence
    Darwinia
    * Innovation In Audio
    Weird Worlds: Return To Infinite Space
    * Innovation In Visual Art
    Darwinia
    * Audience Award
    Dofus
    * AdultSwim.com Award
    Dodge That Anvil
    Remember that the winner of this year's PGD competition will be submitted into next years IGF competition, where they could win a publishing deal.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Darwinia Wins Grand Prize for Best Independent Game at IGF

Remember that the winner of this year's PGD competition will be submitted into next years IGF competition, where they could win a publishing deal
    I :drool: by the thought alone...