Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need help with DrawAlpha

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Need help with DrawAlpha

The thing to do, is try one image that you know causes the problem... the shield for example. As I said in my post, this COULD be the problem, it might not be, but for one image, its worth a try... at least then you know either way and if it is, you can schedule it in down the line.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Need help with DrawAlpha

Gave it a try, no winwin

Need help with DrawAlpha

I could point out that DelphiX source is right there If you know how, you can experiment things like removing that dithering. If it works please tell all the details so it ends up in next version of UnDelphiX. It's just DirectX when it comes to core of it

ps. DXDraws.pas is the unit that renders all and handles the textures.

Edit: And 1 more thing, try what happens when using different image sizes. For example 3D cards are most optimal for square textures with size power of 2 (mostly 64x64, 128x128, 256x256).

Need help with DrawAlpha

Yea, I guess, but I'm only a starter at programing yet I don't have much knowledge, only what I picked up learning DelphiX...

Need help with DrawAlpha

Hello!

I can say few words only.

Version 1.06 has fixed transparent color, previous version had wrong color key order, it was hard problem, I think that its out now.

Problems in SW mode occurred when display set to 32 bit (no work blend etc.) I don't know where is error, but Hori's functions in DXRender I don't rewite, it's original DelphiX-unDelphiX still.

I have to many functions (spot generator, font generator, map editor, particle sprite etc.) get out, because no work properly in SW mode.

You take note that some functions and units was integrated into DXClass and DXDraws (some mathemathics functions, texture unit, font unit, fast pixels etc.), not all is done.

Very thanks for User137 and Mr. Takanori Kawasaki for their great idea. Thanks.
    Ijcro.

Need help with DrawAlpha

hhmm... Okay, thanks for the reply I will try 1.06 Un with 16bit, hardware then...

Oh, one more question... Is it normal that Delphi 7 pops up a couple of warnings and hints when I compile UDX .6? Mainly in DIB and DXDraws, some in DXWave, DXSprite, TurboPixels.

Need help with DrawAlpha

Well... to say it lightly it looks crapped as hell
    The pictures I store in system memory eighter don't show, or show at a totally bad place and size. There are only a very few things that display well, but in fact the transparency on the upper ships' shields is stil crapped XD

Need help with DrawAlpha

OK, many warnings is normal (DelphiX was founded in Delphi3, so Delphi2? I don't know it), you have to turn off warnings in IDE, but it's no problem with running.
    You have to set "Assignable typed constant" options only (it is overwritten in history.rtf file).

When you find bad functionality in this version 1.06, and you can isolate and separete problem into simple application, please send me result, I can fix it or I can quick use your solution. Thank you for your oppinion.
    ops:
    Regards
    Ijcro.

Need help with DrawAlpha

hhmm... The proggy's pretty big... Well, I think I'll just finnish it, and after it's done I'll show it to you... (That should be some close to 1 monthish more I guess... I'm fairly lazy ) Thanks for offer to help!

Need help with DrawAlpha

OK.

Note, on Turbo site is still old version of HW unDelphiX 1.05 (signed there as 06 too).

When I sent in November 2005 to Turbo support info mail about changes in DXSpriteEngine, no answered me :?

But Mr. Willson send me clear E-mail about Turbo site situacion. :cry:

Last versions and new home of unDelphiX is there http://www.micrel.cz/Dx now.

Bye
    Ijcro.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast