Hmm, they are much like normal Quake/Duke/Doom controls, before all the FPS games started to use mouse to control player rotations...
Well, even back then I would bind left/right to left/right strafing rather than left/right turning, so that's why it's an unusual setup to me

in particular the one game got advice immediately 3 weeks ago but some others
To detail that particular instance, it was a combination of factors: as I reviewed entries in "zip order" (ie. team registration order AFAIK), I reviewed 't1' first (Verne-X), which raised a question on goal completion so I mailed Savage, while waiting for the answer, I started reviewing the next team, 't7' (Blocked), but couldn't get to the boss in my first play session, so didn't write anything just yet, and as replaying to get there would have been too long for the time I had and I really wanted to have at least one entry done, I gave a try to the next one, 't18' (SCAG), which proved short enough to review completely in that session... and then various real-life events concurred to push back the next session for a while longer than I had anticipated... :?

I'll try to regroup entries more for the current stage, and will sort them by entry submission date this time (ie. Verne-X, TortureTank, Scag, Draconia+EUF, then all others)