Thread: CG Shaders

CG Shaders

Hi all,

i was just woundering if any one is using CG Shaders in any of their projects?
    i was looking on a few websites and seen them, and decided to download the whole SDK, and im try to understand how to use them and if their is any point of using them?

does any one have an opinion?

thanx
    Nic
    M109uk
    <br />--------------------------------------------------------
    <br />www.pulse-soft.oneuk.com

CG Shaders

If you have to use assembler level shaders in your code - then Cg is greeat tool [context: now & in OpenGL]. If your projects can run using just default fixed function T&L - you dont need any [asm or Cg] shaders!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

CG Shaders

Ok thanks for your advice,

i have a crappy old graphics card at the moment anyway, i think only 3 out of the whole list of Shaders worked on it .

i guess i will have a better look throught the options when i get a better card :roll:
    M109uk
    <br />--------------------------------------------------------
    <br />www.pulse-soft.oneuk.com

CG Shaders

In OpenGL can be turned on emulation of NV30 then go everithing :lol:
    In OpenGL can be used same asm shader program as in DirectX?

CG Shaders

No they are slightly different, but IIRC NVIDIA has utility to convert DirectX asm shaders to OpenGL ARB or (more likely) NVIDIA propriary asm shader format.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.