Thread: How to use bitmapfont to pritn text from other language?

How to use bitmapfont to pritn text from other language?

I'm Thai and I want to create a game in my language but I have a problem with some charactor that have to be on above or bottom of another charactor. Could anyone suggest me any solution? Thanks for any suggestion.

I'ver never worked with the Thai language, but if your going to do the game in DirectX, OpenGL, SDL, GDI, etc... Then you should be able to create a custom font that allows for all of the characters that you need. Then write up a simple display engine that takes care of the positioning (something like a stripped down version of Uni-Code should do).

This is what I've done for a few locialized web projects, and in the end it worked fairly well. Only downfall on the web was no copy-paste . In a game that isn't such a problem though luckily .

ID3DXFont from modern DirectX 9 SDK's support UNICODE text rendering.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

After messing around with OmegaBitmatFont Unit, I have modified this unit to support my language. It is just ok for me now .but I would appreciate if you have any better way to slove this problem. ID3DXFont sound very interesting.but I download sample from cooltie website and I can't complie DX3Enum unit because it missing class CArrayList from D3Util unit .

Seems you've downloaded pretty old sample (DirectX 8.1 one?) - you should download correct version of helper classes from DX8.1 SDK/samples page.

But better just download newest DirectX9 SDK and samples - all examples use ID3DXFont to output text and CustomUI even has a UNICODE edit control you can play with!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.