Quote Originally Posted by WILL
There is one actually. Do you allow popups? Both FireFox and IE have popup blockers now sothis may be why your not getting the notification.

Also we had incorporated a flashing Messages button in the mini-menu on the header. Hold your mouse over it and it'll tell you how many new messages you have. I have noticed it missing myself and will be makiing sure it is put into the 2nd version of the site (as I was the one pushing for the graphics and to get it put in originally).

Besides programming a little gremlin to jump out that shout out at you, I cannot think of any other 'nice' way to inform the users that they do indeed have a new private message.
Hmm... Well pop-ups arn't blocked for this site, but I don't get any. The button never flashes for me , so maybe the site hates me . The idea of flashing the Messages button would work best in my case, as if the colors or whatever is subtle then I won't notice it as I'm colorblind . I will say that the hover works (just tried it), but I don't always think to check it that way .