Hi hon,

I've been uber busy with a new job (I now work for the people who started the company I used to work for... and in this new company, I'm doing what I did previously, plus my old bosses job, so I'm having to use skills that up until now have never been used in anger so to speak. As a result I'm finding (a) I'm staying at work later than normal because I'm thoroughly enjoying the job and the challenge and (b) I'm having to do a lot of out of hours reading to make sure I don't screw up.

Anyhow... back on topic :-)

The errors were weird. The rocket box that caused the problem was the one in the third vertical section (IIRC) of the training mission (I say IIRC because I think I went Up the screen, Down the screen, Up the screen). The gun problem occured shortly after that I believe... I was going upwards, the helicopter was around and I got to the top, a tank came in from the left, there was a gun straight ahead... I shot the tank (IIRC) and after that I couldn't fire the main gun as the explosions were literally in the center of my turret.

My machine specs are:- Athlon 800, 32MB GeForce 2 GTS, 1GB RAM. OS is Win2K Server. DirectX was latest version downloaded from MS at the start of the competition. If theres any debugging options I can enable (logging or whatever) and you want me to try and reproduce it, let me know hon and I'll have a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehnerschaender
How is it going with your project? Everything ready yet?
[size=18px]LOL[/size]

Thats the best joke I've heard in a while :-D

I'm frantically trying to get the new engine to Stage 5 goals, let alone stage 6... still... nothing like a caffeine fuelled weekend of coding :-D The new engine is much cooler though... and we've got our final artwork from my brother, so it will at least look better. We've got sound fx working and music (kind of... can't afford to buy a sound library like Bass or fmod, so music is only in the menu using Media Player).

Heres a screenie of the new engine with the new graphics.

Even if we do finish, we may not be able to upload from home as our phoneline has a crossed line or something so our broadband is on the fritz... may have to drive to work (75 mile round trip) to get access to the web :?

To be honest, we're both looking forward to after the deadline so we can take our time with it... that said, personally I'm amazed how much I've managed to achieve in this short space of time. We've always wanted to make a client based game, but I've always felt it was completely beyond my capabilities... now I think differently :-)

Right... back to work :lol: