Quote Originally Posted by technomage
Sorry my mistake, I suggest that the machine gun on the tank does not harm other tanks, but can harm the machine gun posts and helicopters etc. the main reason for this is that most modern tanks are very well protected against machine gun fire. This is just a thought, and it would make for some interesting levels.... :
Ah ok, I understand...

The thing is, if I don't let the player cause damage to all enemys with the basic weapon, he can find himself defenseless in the level when running out of additional ammo.
So I decided to let the gun make damage to all enemys, but the damage varys on the kind of the enemy. Turrets get down quite fast with gun, tanks need much longer to shoot at. Fighting tank style bosses with only the gun is senseless though... :lol:
But you will need it fighting flying enemys, cause once they are in the air, the gun air mode is the only thing which can bring them back to ground.

Maybe I will do some intensive tests after the compo, how "fair" the game will be, making the gun unusable against tanks...