Hi Eric!
Thank you very much for the comments. That's what I wanted to know. Things that felt "bad" to you while playing my game. Now I have some questions about "the judges judgement".

Fullscreen initialization sequence first changes resolution (I see my desktop at a different resolution), then blacks the screen.
Will this influence judging? Is this annoying or somewhat looking unprofessional? Should I spent time on it?

Windowed mode isn't functionnal (the game captures the mouse).
I know that the game captures the mouse, but imagine playing it without that "feature". MS Word in the back, Tanx in the front.... You are in a hurry to kill an enemy... clicking one pixel beneath the window, Tanx vanishes, Word appears in the front... you die because the enemy got you.

This is an action game (even if it doesn't look like it in stage 5). What should I do? Prevent windowed mode or let the user be a victim of a pixel exact mouse aiming?
As a programmer I think it's correct to let the mouse glide through the visible windows.
As a player I think, if my game is on top I want to play. I can't play if the game vanishes to the back if I misplace the mouse, so I woun't use windowed mode. I thought of using windowed mode for easy switching through active tasks without changing screen resolution (alt+tab), taking a look at other programs while playing etc. but not to play only while mouse is in the window area... this would not work satisfying. Please give me a hint how you as a judge would like it. It's not a real problem to change it, but I'm afraid that playability would be worse.

There is no option to select screen resolution (was maybe a bit too high for my screen here, got only 75Hz and text was quite small).
Yep, I know.... 800x600 is already working. 1280x1024 I am on... but I don't know if I have the time to finish it perfectly until the end of the contest.

Game is also quite dark by default (have to bump up monitor brightness).
It was my intention to make it a little darker than "sunlight". But I found out, that it is as I intended on my monitors, and darker on others.. I will try to fix this. But I didn't take further a look at it now...

When you win/die, the action required is a mouse click, if you were clicking a lot, you'll go to next level/respawn before you have realized it.
Changing.... This was just a programmers test to see the player dying etc. Stage 6 goals say that I am in need of adding an ending scene (and so a game over scene too).

Trees flicker when they are stacked (one occurence is right where you spawn in the first level).
Already fixed.

Again, thanks Eric!

Greetings,
Dirk