Quote Originally Posted by michalis
Quote Originally Posted by WILL
I also got some funky popup from the program about not being able to go to 800x600, but it would try to continue anyway...? Very odd.
The dialog box should say "Can't change display settings to 800x600. Will continue in windowed mode."

This is valid if your laptop screen cannot be resized to 800x600. When the game starts it tries to go to fullscreen 800x600, if that fails it runs in windowed mode. You can turn "Allow screen resize on startup" to "No" to disable this message on each startup. (I guess that I should automatically set this to "No" after it fails for the 1st time ? Done.).
That'll probably do it. The game ran in full screen however (at least from what I saw) so maybe it just did not detect that my screen could go 800x600 somehow? Seems unlikely, but other games can go 800x600 fullscreen quite readily. My standard desktop res is 1280x800, but I play games that go both 1024x768 and 800x600.

Quote Originally Posted by michalis
Quote Originally Posted by WILL
I also noticed one of my programs 'Peer Guardian 2' complaining (22+ popups) about uncaught exceptions I thought THAT was interesting because I've never seen PG2 act that way ever. Maybe that'll give you some clues.
Uhm, I'm clueless ? You mean errors occur in 'Peer Guardian 2' ? This may mean that my game somehow drained your system's resources, which shouldn't happen since you have perfectly good CPU, RAM and graphic card... But seeing all the other problems occuring with Radeon, this *can* be a consequence of them...
'Peer Guardian 2' is a networking tool that blocks bad IPs from Spyware, Government, Ad and such systems when using Peer-2-Peer apps. Why this program would complain while trying to load a level is beyond me, but it does. :? Very odd indeed. Perhaps you are trying to directly access hardware interupts that don't exist in a Radeon and in doing so just slow down the system's resources handling all these interupt calls? Just an idea... What kind of OpenGL headers or library are you using?