Thread: Steve Jobs Died...

Steve Jobs Died...

Steve Jobs Died at 56... Rest In Peace.

Sad day indeed. Even though I haven't always agreed with some of the policies Apple introduced over the years, he coined the computer industry in a big way.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Sad day indeed. Even though I haven't always agreed with some of the policies Apple introduced over the years, he coined the computer industry in a big way.
    I agree. There were some odd policies under his command, like the infamous paragraph forbidding all languages but the few approved ones (fortunately lifted), but Jobs work really shaped much of modern computing. He put taste, usability and the ambition to make things perfect on the map. He could take new ideas and turn them into hot products like nobody else, with a feeling for what would and would not work.

I hope he has trained his successors well. He valued company culture, and if that culture survives him Apple can keep doing interesting things.

Blog Entries
    No more 'one more thing' lines I guess... As much as I hate some of apples philosophy I must admit they did a lot of good to the technology industry... Lets hope apple keeps being apple and doesn't become mango-soft or something...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.