Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself

Hey every1. My name is Mike and I'm interested in learning games programing in Freepascal. I'm working my way throgh Tao Yue's excellet beginner's Pascal tutorial and will soon be doing actual text based coding...

Of course, I'm not planning on stopping there, I'm planning on learning SDL and using Jedi-SDL to write some crossplatform space shooters or something and maybe when there's a drop-in 3D engine available I'll try some of that.

My main interests are gaming, movies and anime, so expect some anime-styled games from me some day.

Blog Entries

Introduce yourself

Welcome to PGD madcrow. I'm sure you'll find Free Pascal and JEDI-SDL to be a powerful combination.

I have found that starting with the classics is usually best when starting out. Your first few projects won't be huge mega hits making you the next Blizzard, but you do learn some very prime and foundational stuff from them. Eventually you'll get to mastery and maybe after, the mega hit.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Introduce yourself

Hi all,

My name Stephane Richard (2 things to notice, they're both first names, and they're both french) so don't be fooled by then name, I AM french ;-).

I've been programming since 1975 when I first picked up my first computer books and started exploring what that was all about (A TV with way too many buttons I thought, when you're 7...sheesh...lol).

I've pretty much programmed in Pascal since I first saw it a few years after I started computers. I've also done most BASIC dialects C/C++, Ada, Modula, Smalltalk, Fortran, COBOL, Assembler (for the 6502 processor), as well as most database systems DBase, FoxPro, Paradox, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Ingres, DB2, 1+1=3 Integrated, and a couple others I can't think off the top of my head. I've never been into high game development as you can see from my background, but I have been developing all kinds of things since then. I've done a few text based games in my past and I'm working on 1 now, a highly advanced ASCII based Startrek like game, but much more evolved. And I am planning a 3d Game project (not exactly sure all it will have yet).

As a "i can do that too" project, I'm working on a spreadsheet application greatly inspired by QuattroPro for DOS. ASCII Based and I want it to do atleast everything QuattroPro can :-). As well, I am working on a Professional Quality Music Studio software.

I've always loved programming since the start, that's all I can say I do it at home, and I am a software developer by profession.

Thanks for your time,
    When they say it can't be done, THAT's when they call me! ;-).
    <br />
    <br />MystikShadows
    <br />Stephane Richard

Introduce yourself

That sure is a very impressive resume!

Introduce yourself

I allready posted here a couple of times and I forgot to introduce myself, so here goes:

The name is Willem. My nick is Smotsholle (hard to translate, but roughly it means misshapen head ). I am 24 years "young" at the moment

I'm from the Netherlands, I'm frisian (that's the provence at the northwest edge of our country).

I started out my programming when I started IT school. We started out with Delphi there. That's the only programming language which really appealed to me. We went on to Java and C++ later on, and all sorts of languages. Delphi clung to me because the help is the most elaborate you'll ever find. Debugging is better than any other programming language, and you'll find the best plugins on delphi (of course there are exceptions).
    I allways wanted to make my own game GBA style on the PC, and via another forum (braingames) I found they made the type of games which I wanted to make all along. This way I stumbled on JEDI-SDL and via a google search I found this forum.

My programming style is mostly coding and writing algorithms. Graphics are my weak point.
    My greatest weakness is being happy when a piece of code works. This often results in sloppy coding

Anyways... Most of my time is spent on playing guitar and leading children's activities. Strange as it may sound... If I find the time I'd rather put the PC aside and do something else.
    Huhuhu

Blog Entries

Introduce yourself

Welcome to PGD! [size=9px]I'll never get tired of saying that.[/size]

I see you've become an active member right out of the gates. Thats excellent! I wish there were more members coming like you.

I hope you enjoy this community. We are all very proud of it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Introduce yourself

Kia Ora!

As far as introductions go, here is my generic one:

I'm a full time student living in Aotearoa who is often dubbed a monster by my past & quietness, a saint by my dedication & loyalty, Insane by my actions & the affect caffine has on me & honest by not denying the other 3.
    I do my hacking with an axe, its alot faster than a computer!

Introduce yourself

Welcome to PGD.

Where is Aotearoa?
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Blog Entries

Introduce yourself

New Zealand! I'm Google-nosey.

Welcome to PGD! I hope you have fun here, or at least learn something. There is much going on here daily so don't be shy and feel free to strike up a geeky or cool game related conversation.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Introduce yourself

New Zealand! I'm Google-nosey.
    At least your correct, last time someone used google to find out they accused of lying & started an argument about dungeon seige.
    I do my hacking with an axe, its alot faster than a computer!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast