Co-Founder

Introduce yourself

Welkom op 't forum !

(Dutch inside talk)
    Marmin^.Style

Introduce yourself

I never introduced myself... so here it goes:

Still a student in computer science.
    I learned pascal programming about 7 years ago at school.... so the second year we learned Delphi.... well... to be exact that was a HELL... I didn't understand anything of it, so I went back to the goo' old Turbo Pascal within dos...

After a while I realized everything was windows, so I started to pickup Delphi. By the time I learned to use Delphi, we switched to C++ (DOS again), after a half year we made again a switch from dos to windows: C++ Builder.... It was a lot easier cause by now I knew the IDE of Borland.

The only thing I was doing was program games.... I made some very stupid ASCII games including my first 3D engine (Necro3D ASCII ), a very slooooooow ray tracing engine.

I also got my hands on a copy of DIV Games studio. A simple to use program language to program games. Looks like an OS on itself, but less function.

So me and MadWoody have build a few games from almost the first day we knew each other:
    - Pong with network support (delphi 5), crappy but it worked.
    - Boter, kaas en eieren (aka Tic Tac Toe, C++ DOS) had some nice visual ASCII effects
    - Fire engine (only my work) simulates a ASCII fire
    - NecroTANK (C++ Builder 4) icludes network also, worms clone
    - Revenge of the Vegetables (C++ Builder 4) Platform game
    - Insanity (Delphi 7 + UnDelphiX) First D3D game
    These were all school projects. So next we started to build off our own engine. And we me made NecroSPACE 2 as game.
    After realizing it was DirectX 7, we wanted to port the engine to DX9. But we started to make a whole new, faster engine (cause the first one was almost crap).
    With the new engine we made .S.C.A.G. (and a pong game to test PascalScript)

So that was basically it...

Greetingzz Michiel (NecroDOME)

Damn I love Firefox 2.0 spell check [/quote]
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Introduce yourself

I'm a full time professional Analyst Programmer. who by day writes .net stuff for a large company. But by night, it's a different story.

I've been coding for as long as I can remember, in all manner of languages.
    I started on a ZX Spectrum 128, learnt Speccy Basic.. soon found it to be underpowered so I taught myself Z80 Assembler.
    After that, I did a college course in C and started to write DOS games.. I felt a little annoyed by the amount of control C took away after having to control every aspect of the machine in Z80.
    Things took a little turn for the worst when I started learning Database languages.. although I did try to write a game in Foxpro, it never really took off.
    VB5 and VB6 came along, I started writing games in those.. Never wrote a game in .net though.. It's a business language.

Then I discovered DELPHI!!! (cue Angelic AAAhhhhhh ) Actually, Technomage introduced me to it. Then after a few failed attempts at getting something written in Delphi, I decided to do some DelphiX tutorials and started the Cerebral Bicycle Company.

Later I began writing my own Game Engine foundation classes for a 2D platform game which got WHAAAAY Too complicated too soon, but left me with a fairly comprehensive set of classes.. which I left on my hard disk for the next 4 years getting code rot.

I did some C++ with the Torque engine, learned a lot and attempted another couple of grossly over specced projects and nearly gave up on the whole shebang.

Then Borland released TurboExplorer which rekindled my spirits, I resurrected the CBCFoundation code and began again on a game which I WILL FINISH!!!!!

I consider myself a good all rounder, I'm a fairly good coder, OK at graphics and dabble in music.

There.. That's the quick & Ugly story.. there is more, but this thread is long enough and I've come close to saying "And I remember when all this was fields"

Introduce yourself

*Ouch* Never introduced myself too... Well...

I started on a ZX Spectrum+ (yeah! commodore sucks!) several years ago. My first game was a simple turn based "Global Thermonuclear War" :shock:
    After a bunch of years I discovered Delphi and delphix (yeah! vb/vc sucks!) and I started to make some very simple games: an Arkanoid clone, a pacman clone with Homer Simpson (pacman), donuts (pills), Duff beer (special pills) and Monty Burns (ghosts) :lol:
    My last work with delphix was a 2D Tank battle (unfinished, but who knows...).

Sadly my work is not PC related at all... I'm working on accountancy in a little factory that produces marble slabs and, when I find some spare time, I'm trying to terminate my degree in Economics (I know, I'm a bit old, but I have started late...).
    I waste my spare time teaching php to a couple of friends of mine and playing the bass.

What I like: sleeping
    What I don't like at all: fishes
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    My first game was a simple turn based "Global Thermonuclear War" :shock:
    lol, the whole concept of that sounds hilarious :lol:
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

Introduce yourself

The guys from Introversion Software created a "Global Thermonuclear War" game recently:
    http://www.introversion.co.uk/defcon/

Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Delfi
    Quote Originally Posted by Legolas
    My first game was a simple turn based "Global Thermonuclear War" :shock:
    lol, the whole concept of that sounds hilarious :lol:
    I was inspired by WarGames :mrgreen:

Well, indeed the graphics was very similar to the movie's one and the gameplay was minimalist (read: boring)...
    1: select your team (USA or URSS)
    2: select a town where is your headquarter
    3: fire a missile against an enemy town
    4: if you have destroyed the enemy headquarter, then you win, else wait for a counter attack

...and so on :doh:
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Introduce yourself

Nice to read your backgrounds

Superb avatar btw, NecroDome

Introduce yourself

yeah, thats me, a bit drunk in a pub....

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast