Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Delphi 5-2007
    Theory is - when you know everything but nothing works.
    Practice is - when all works, but you don't know why.
    We combine theory and practice - nothing works and nobody knows why

Very nice Darthman! Great idea, too, putting all of your work in a video.

Hey i am newbie here my name is James how are you all

Hi, again !

It's been YEARS ! Glad my account is still up !

None of you will probably remember me, (hi legolas ! *waves*)
    i was a guy asking stupid questions about FPC4NDS and helping out a bit with the code,
    for noticing on which processor (ARM7/ARM9) code was running,
    but noticed it got changed ... good work guys ! (*crys because he's not mentioned anymore* ^^)

So ... i'm back for a bit ... left pretty fast ... because that's what i do when my work is done.

I've implemented a pretty fast mandelbrot zoom using dynamic code generation on the NDS
    and a basic c64 emulator which ran until the cursor prompted ... and then i dropped it because
    i acchieved what i wanted. Yeah, that's my way ... there's no profit from that, i'm just doing stuff for fun.

And now i'm back ... looking again for coding pascal on ARM ... but this time, for Android / Archos Generation 8 !

I'll start a thread about this soon because ... i am overwhelmed and don't have a clue ...
    and maybe can even contribute some useless stuff about multitouch on resistive touchscreens.

(:

(answers are appreciated, i really need to get into this

Edit: How do i turn off graphical smiles ? i hate them, i'm oldschool ! xD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sfhdweb3 View Post
    Hello and welcome to PGD!

Any welcome back 21o6!

I do remember you, but it has been a long time.

Please feel free to post about your Android exploits using Pascal. There has been a few new technologies that have popped up that'll allow you to create things for it since. Cooper from RemObjects for example is designed with the Android in mind and then there is good old Free Pascal which is growing in Android native support I believe. Can't remember how well FPC supports Android at this point.

If you want to change your settings for smilies and such, you have to click on the Go Advanced option. You don't like our smilies?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Hello and welcome to PGD! :)

Any welcome back 21o6! :)

I do remember you, but it has been a long time.

Please feel free to post about your Android exploits using Pascal. There has been a few new technologies that have popped up that'll allow you to create things for it since. Cooper from RemObjects for example is designed with the Android in mind and then there is good old Free Pascal which is growing in Android native support I believe. Can't remember how well FPC supports Android at this point.

If you want to change your settings for smilies and such, you have to click on the Go Advanced option. You don't like our smilies? :(
    I still have to learn about Android and FPC, especially if i can apply ARM-assembler ! :)
    I've read about it, but i can't really grasp the information that's available.
    I'm totally overwhelmed about all the information that can be gathered, tbh ...

I'm still trying to grasp all the information about how to get linux running on the
    ARCHOS 43 IT, if i really should buy one, how to use FPC for Android, etc. etc.

At least i got my development-platform ready ...
    ... 12.1" resistive touchscreen notebook. ^^

I feel a bit like being hit by the Chewbacca defense.
    (Fast Forward to 1:00, if you want)

It's way too much and i'm looking into it for over a week already ...
    ... but i hope i'll make it soon, else i'll post a thread about ...
    ... What's new?/Where to start/etc. :)

Feels great to be remembered, btw ... thx ! :D
    (I recall your name too ! hahahaha ... it's your forum ! :)

Oh and ... i really don't dislike your work ...
    I just dislike graphical smileys in general, probably because i've grown up with the ascii ones
    and the graphical ones just don't fit my emotions. :)

Okay ... i went to "Go advanced" ... looked through ... didn't find anything ...
    ... changed settings for the texteditor to enhanced/WYSIWYG...

... and now i get "Disable smilies in text" ...

thx ! :)
    Last edited by 21o6; 10-07-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: That does not make sense !

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 21o6 View Post
    Hi, again !

None of you will probably remember me, (hi legolas ! *waves*)
    i was a guy asking stupid questions about FPC4NDS and helping out a bit with the code,
    for noticing on which processor (ARM7/ARM9) code was running,
    but noticed it got changed ... good work guys ! (*crys because he's not mentioned anymore* ^^)
    Hello there! Of course I remember you and your clever questions
    I had to remove your hack because it generated some errors. I replaced it with a routine that returned the cpu type by checking for some labels in the prt0. IIRC that function is not required anymore (but don't cry: your name is carved in the stone of the svn repository )

I've implemented a pretty fast mandelbrot zoom using dynamic code generation on the NDS
    and a basic c64 emulator which ran until the cursor prompted ... and then i dropped it because
    i acchieved what i wanted. Yeah, that's my way ... there's no profit from that, i'm just doing stuff for fun.
    That's amazing! Maybe you could try to rebuild with a newer fpc version (in the meanwhile the nds compiler and rtl have made a big jump ahead) or even to release the sources...
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Quote Originally Posted by sfhdweb3 View Post
    Hello James!
    Quote Originally Posted by 21o6 View Post
    Hi, again !

Welcome back!
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Hello there! Of course I remember you and your clever questions
    I had to remove your hack because it generated some errors. I replaced it with a routine that returned the cpu type by checking for some labels in the prt0. IIRC that function is not required anymore (but don't cry: your name is carved in the stone of the svn repository )

That's amazing! Maybe you could try to rebuild with a newer fpc version (in the meanwhile the nds compiler and rtl have made a big jump ahead) or even to release the sources...
    We can talk about the source of the emulator. Tbh, the mandelzoom was quick enough, but highly unprecise. Couldn't zoom in very far,
    but didn't want to put the time into raising precision, because first, it wasn't that easy to implement and second ...
    ... i had to implement it in the code generator too ... no thx. ^^

I'll have to see where my NDS is', though ................. *lol*

Recompiling the source ... well, i hope it still works. xD I barely used the RTL though, so i believe there won't be issues.

Wow, i just tried to check for prt0 (can't remember) ... NDS homebrew scene grew a bit since then ...

Btw ... dynamic code generation doesn't seem to be used very often ?
    Why ? It's rather easy to implement, once one gets the hang out of it.

Blog Entries
    Super thread revival ftw! Can't help ask, since you mention mandlebrots sets etc... Did you leave and work on that, look at the pretty colours and go into coma only to wake up now or was it more normal Sorry, I really cant help it...

So back to android speak. Hmm. Quite popular these days isn't it I know its not the best place, but anyone have any good tuts for setting up a development environment by any chance?

Funny to think you left before I signed up, and in that time I became a mod
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast