Thread: Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself

Oh and i live in South Africa...
    I'm out of my mind but please leave a message
    <br />www.sulaco.co.za
    <br />Rage 3D game engine

Well hi there

Ok heres some basic info about me.

My name is Tommy Jonsson and i live in Sweden, 22 years old.
    Been programming for about hmm cant remember but first program i wrote
    was on a 16mhz 386 (it was modern then) in qbasic.
    Then i discovered Pascal and fell in love. Then windows 95 came and saw the
    beauty of Object Pascal and crushed Turbo Pascals heart when i left it for Delphi.
    I have been testing some other languages also on the side like asm/c/c++
    but noone suited my taste.

Nowadays i work at a small programming company here in sweden developing
    administration/database programs all day long in delphi. Have also written some
    rater large programs on varius handheld computers like psion and minec.
    At home im currently testing development for the xbox but unfortunally its all
    VC++ there :\

Oh favourite drink ? must be Absolut Vodka :-P

// QuazzeMan
    Legends may sleep, but they will never die.

Introduce yourself

I'm a 21 year old guy from the south of sweden, started programming in QBasic when i was 12, at 15 i started with delphi. Have also programmed a bit in Java and Hardwareclose Ansi C on a ARM platforrm (samsung microprocessor). But delphi is the language i like the most =)
    I'm currently working on GLXtreem and a bunch of other projects =).

I'm a student at "Halmstad University" where i studying for Bachelor and maybe Master later in Computer Systems Engineering.
    Amnoxx

Oh, and this code appears to be an approximate replacement for return(random() & 0x01);

Phoenix Wiki
    http://www.phoenixlib.net/

Phoenix Forum
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/viewforum.php?f=71

Introduce yourself

Well, after reading all these responses I feel like the old guy here. Left my twenties behind several months ago.

Stuff about me and other things...<blockquote>I work for Krome Studios in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. There are currently three released games with my name in the credits: programmer on Championship Surfer (PC), senior programmer on Disney's Extremely Goofy Skateboarding (PC) and most recently lead programmer on Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (PS2, GC, Xbox) that has just been released worldwide. I am currently lead programmer on another PS2, GC, Xbox title. I went to university to do an IT degree thirteen years ago, but failed after three and a half years because I was playing too many games on the C64 and Amiga. I now consider that time spent playing games as research into my future career. I stumbled onto Delphi in 1996 while working for an electronics engineering company and haven't stopped using it since. Except for when I am work where I use C++. Shoe size is 9 1/2 - 10 (depends on the shoe). I am the current maintainer of turbo, a site dedicated to game development with Borland products. I met Michael Wilson (previous owner of turbo) when I was in LA last May for E3. Very cool guy! I do dance classes including jazz, classical, tap, contemporary and irish. My favourite is pax de deux (picking girls up and sitting them on your shoulder or holding them over your head). I help teach little kids dance classes ages 2 to 8. I love kids. My very first Delphi project remained on the production floor at the engineering company for almost four years testing energy meters 24 hours a day. I have a wonderful and beautiful girlfriend (she's a dancer too). Xbox is sooo easy to develop for. PS2 is a bitch. I won't even go into GC. I wear very loud hawaiian shirts to work every day. Krome Studios rocks! I drive a white 1999 Holden Commodore VT Series II with full body kit, alloy wheels and dark tinted windows. Number plate is '30 SLY'. I have a very short haircut. The PS2 rules the market with a tight stranglehold. I cannot sing.</blockquote>

Introduce yourself

Hi Sly, don't fell old. Then I also have to fell old, and thats not good :-)

Name: Kim Friis (And thats a male name in Denmark)

Started with a Commodore Vic20 and tried a litle peeking and pooking with that. Got into Turbo Pascal 7 when I got my degree, that was followed by Delphi 1 when I got to work, and have been thru all 7 versions of Delphi, used professionally to do alot of DB work.

Tried to do some game project in my spare time, but they never seem to lift off. I have tried alot of game lib's for Delphi (DGC, DelphiX, G4D to name a few) Now I am trying to make a small webbased cardgame for me and my friends with Delphi 7 and Intraweb. (Perhaps idea for a new forum?)
    Favorite drink: Hm Used to be "SmA¥ GrA¥" (vodka with some strong candy in), now I'm older and enjoy a good glass of red wine.
    Shoesize: 11 (or 45)

Oh and I got a 3 year old son that can now beet my ass in Need for Speed 5. Perhaps I should by him a PS2/X-Box so he can play Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, instead of stealing my PC?

Introduce yourself

Name : Andrew.
    Handle : Armand. ;=
    Dream Job : Games Programing. {Isn't it always}
    Likes : Music (eclectic but heavy and german is always good)
    Clubbing (alternitive a preferance)
    Writting Good, Fast code. (any lang, any OS).
    Dislikes : Anything first thing in the morning (one or 2 exceptions).
    Biggotry.
    Being told I'm wrong with out a logical or rational expliantion.

Other Hobbys (other than writting games) :
    Music composition, Martial Arts, Electrionics, Dressing oddly, Stage Performance.. other stuff that I cant think of at the moment.

P.s Blue Cat. Absinth is nice isn't it.

Introduce yourself

I think it's funny that your handle is Armand!
    May I ask where it came from

The reason I'm asking (before you think I'm some sort of geek) is that my real name is Armand, so I'm kinda curious where your handle came from!
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Introduce yourself

Lion : Yeah, I noticed your name. Cool.
    As for the Handle... err... Anne Rice.

I thought he was one of the more interesting Vamps in the books.

I've been told I look like Antonio Banderas ops: , But I think they were delusional. :roll:

My other nick is Yassim and I get called that more then my real name. Even at work...

Armand..

Introduce yourself

Hmmm allot of experienced delphi ppl here, i mus say!!

right im a newbie to programming and at the mo im bein taught delphi in my programming lectures. Im doin cybernetics at reading and programmin is a core essential of it! I was completely new to it a few months ago but gettin the knack of it.... well i little

expect allot of newbie questions from me!!

Derek

Introduce yourself

Newbie questions are my favorite! Well ehm ... They are they only questions I feel confident when I answer them !

Have a lot of fun on this forum and I hope you enjoy programming as much as I do!
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast