Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself

My name is Erik, I'm 27 and I live abit outside Oslo in Norway.

I work fulltime with something that hasn't got anything to do with programming :roll:

Interests: computers, sports, animals.

Started out with Basic on a Spectrum 16K long time ago, been playing with the Commodore 64K, Amiga 500 and now ended up with PC. Have programmed most with Turbo Pascal, and have now been looking at Delphi for a while. Basically I'm a newbie who needs to get going with this programming soon, so I'm looking into a few ideas for a game.

-------
    Eriken

Introduce yourself

My name's Ryan, I'll be 30 on Monday. Been a pro Delphi developer (commercial niche product, then internal business apps) for almost 4 years, did it nearly full-time unofficially for the Air Force for a couple years before that. I taught myself programming (VB then Delphi and C++) during my first two years in the AF. I've been kind of a student of game development for a long time but have very little to show for it so far. I'm much more interested in music so I'll probably never accomplish much in game development, unless it's as an audio guy.

Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Armand
    My other nick is Yassim and I get called that more then my real name. Even at work...
    I get called Sly by everyone at work even though my real name is Steve. They originally started calling me by my 'net nick to avoid confusion with another Steve here. I'd been here for several months and some colleagues still did not know what my real name was. I'm also the only person in the credits of Ty the Tasmanian Tiger to have their nickname included, due to the reason that I am commonly known as 'Sly' around the office and at the publisher. Outside of work and off the 'net however, everyone knows me as Steve.

Introduce yourself

Arh so the Wife does not cry out Sly when..... Sorry, couldn't resist it. :lol:

Introduce yourself

Umm... err... no.

Introduce yourself

Bojan Arah, 23, "studying" economics, will take informatics classes here in Ljubljana next year.

Been programming for a while now, but don't consider myself a "pro programmer", started with Pascal 7 coding games from the beginning. There were times when games didn't work because I didn't use the repeat until, but those times have passed and I've learned a bit on game development/programming since then.

I've been working as a tester and in the infocenter of big local company that kinda went down. Quit my job to get my lazy ass back into the crowded classrooms at the univ. Feels WAY better than working my ass off for really small money with no real future in sight.

Now, I've gathered a team last September, realizing that I can't make "good" games alone. Current project is a space shooter called SpacePirates
    (http://redpoint.no-ip.com/bojzgames/...cepirates0.zip) , that we've started with the help of Traveller's tutorial and are looking forward to the day when we finish working on it, so we can move on to the next project.

Not really picky about the favorite drink, shoe size 42.

When I'm not programming games and studying I spend time with my girlfriend. She's the one boosing my morale and elan to make games. She even unglues me from the computer when I can't do it myself,... heheheh =) I also love to play games, RTS, FRP, Action games, UFO : whatever, Fallout Tactics, Jagged Alliance 2, I like the tactical games a lot.

More? Naaah,...
    What echoes in Eternity has been done in someone's life...

Introduce yourself

Hi, my name is Joel Pitkanen I'm 14 years old and I live in Finland and I just registered to these forums.

I first started programming when I was 7 years old with delphi4 but I stopped it cos I thought it's too hard. I started programming again when I turned 10. Now I'm making an FPS-game called Lunatic but I think it will never get finished.

Other hobbies besides programming: skateboarding, snowboarding, playing the guitar, football, 3Dmodelling...

BTW Am I the youngest one here?
    6872498642289459849826 flies can't be wrong... shit tastes good.
    <br />www.bylkkisoft.vze.com

Xexe, Here I am

The Name is Ivo and the nick is Karaman.

I am 23 year old Bulgarian Fat Programmer (75 kg / 1.66 m)

I have been programming since I was 12, but my first serious
    programming for CASH was at the age of 15. Now I am writing
    Web Portals in PHP. I dont have time for something better,
    cause now I am a student of Authomatics and Information Technology
    at the Technical University of Sofia. Now I am developing a game
    called Karaman's Fantasy, but the project goes Open Source cause
    I dont have much free time.

I like gaming, pizzas, excursions, walks, discos, parties, basketball
    playing, programming, drawing, chatting with NOT mindless girls

here is my web-site:
    http://www.plovdivart.com/karaman/
    do not FEAR, I is here

Introduce yourself

Hello all,
    I'm Dave. From Norfolk, England.

I like programming games, playing games (Animal Crossing import, yay!).
    I hate working as a delivery guy for Curry's (No worries. Pfft).
    My favourite drink is wee wee.
    I also like being childish on a variety of forums and building SUPER gaming PC's as a sideline.
    Isometric game development blog http://isoenginedev.blogspot.com/

Introduce yourself

My name is Kai and my nickname is "Harry Hunt" which is actually my middle- and lastname translated into English.

I'm doing alternate service in a hospital at the moment (until August 2003). I also work as a freelance/contract programmer and web designer.

Type this into Delphi and hit F9 to get my age:
    ShowMessage(IntTostr(Round(SizeOf(Integer) * Pi + VK_END / SW_SHOW)));

If I'm right, this may return an incorrect value for users of an older version of Delphi (didn't they change the size of Integer?)

I was born and live in Germany.

I like Delphi, game development, classical music, industrial, metal (very strange combination, I know), lasagna....

I dislike creative burnout, green peppers, tomatos, zucchinis and eggplant.

My shoe size is 11 (US).

My favorite drink: I drink sparkling water most of the time. I also like Mountain Dew a lot - too bad you can't buy that in Germany.
    Ask me about the xcess game development kit

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast