Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself

Alrightie then, this is me(please, please, please don't judge me on an age basis, age has little to do with maturity)

My name is Sander Philipse, I'm from a small place called Moergestel in the Netherlands.
    My nickname comes from all of the games I've played, and when I wanted to have an evil-sounding nickname to be considered uber-1337. Luckily, I've left that behind me, but I'm still using the same nick.

I'm 15 years old, and still in high school, hoping to go to a university in about one and a quarter of a year, and I'm very annoyed by the complete incompetence of my informatics teacher(Just today, I had to explain what a timer does...).

I like programming, I've been doing it for about 7 or 8 years now, started out with Qbasic, and switched to Delphi after I heard that Delphi was the best language to use(seriously, I heard this from a professional programmer)
    I also like playing Neverwinter Nights on-line(for those of you who know the RP scene there, I'm one of the Roleplay purists), the tabletop war-game Warhammer, reading fantasy books, playing games, and having intellectual discussions on forums.....
    Basically, I'm almost a stereotypical nerd. :shock:

Well, that's about all.......
    -Sander

Hello to the world

Hello my name is Bax[something more goes here] Nick and I am 23 years old. I know nothing but I am willing to learn.
    I am from thessaloniki, greece. I studied computer enginear in my country (not a big deal believe me) And I am trying to learn more stuff for my self. I like the idea of making my own games and ofcourse I want to make something real cool because here in Greece no one realy bother for making something like a GAME Anyway
    Nice meeting you all

Για σας απο την Θεσσαλονίκη.
    Thats in greek Hello from Thessaloniki p
    Anyway have a nice time
    Darkness in my heart.

Introduce yourself

28, programming on and off since 6 (went from BASIC/A to QBASIC to PASCAL to DELPHI, and now am learning C++ (and it sucks compared to delphi BTW! - at least the borland IDE makes it somewhat tollerable) for work)

for more info bout me and all the things i do/like, my personal projects homepage is:
    http://www.elitefxgames.com/

Introduce yourself

Hi, didn't see this thread until now

My name is Chris, and I am 28 years old. I work for a large blue chip company in the UK, and I hate it I have used Delphi for around 4 years and love it I prefer the RAD elements of Delphi over C++ any day, besides C++ is only a little faster for some things.

I have written alsorts of bits of crap over the years, a NES emulator written in Delphi using DirectX, and several graphical tools used to edit and modify image and data files for other games. I spent quite a bit of time over the last few years studying microprocessor architecture and software security, understanding how people hack software and systems. I also gave up trying to go for my degree, as real world tasks took presidence.

I am completely sick of my job, the Delphi market in the UK is pants! I want to be part of, or form a game software development house. For the last 6 months I have been developing my own MMORPG, using Delphi and DirectX. My dedicated team is about 6 strong (with about 15 testers and advisors), but only myself working on the code...

I hope to be able to make some kind of financial return from the product within 2 years, but there is still lots to do.

Here is a WIP:- http://www.btinternet.com/~chris.r.m.../client009.JPG

Married, no kids, beautiful wife who is a Linguist. (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, little Russian, Norwegian, Dutch ....)

There are things I can do expertly in Delphi, and there are things that confuse the crap out of me, like 'Abstract'.

Oh, and my nick is Gadget, because I used to be an electronics engineer and tend to be quite technie.
    http://www.c5software.co.uk (site is being developed at the moment)

Introduce yourself

im tux

Introduce yourself

NoPanik!
    I'm 36 years old but don't panic... I'm Dutch you see, so nothing to worrie about. After doing a lot of programming in the late 80's and early 90's in asm and C, I lost my interest in it because I didn't want to make the steps to oop and windows-orientated stuph. Just until about 6 months ago when I discovered the comforts of Delphi. I really like comfort so I started to combine learning Delphi and DirectX (totally new for me ) and soon I found myself searching the internet for help on both topics. And now I'm here because I read some quite informative postings here and I think this could be a nice forum for me, but still... no reason to get upset!

NoPanik

Greets to you all

Introduce yourself

Hi everyone.. Glad to have found this fine forum of goodness..

My name is Mike, I'm 23 (24 on 15th of July) and I currently live in Toronto, Canada..

You mean to tell me there are other things in life besides Delphi? I missed that boat!

My sig says it all..
    Borland baby!

Introduce yourself

Yes, there is: Computer ... without it, you can't do much Delphi-programming :twisted:

Welcome
    _____
    Eriken

Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Eriken
    Yes, there is: Computer ... without it, you can't do much Delphi-programming :twisted:
    hehe, that and my Dr. Pepper!

Quote Originally Posted by Eriken
    Welcome
    Thanks!
    Borland baby!

Introduce yourself

, wow, lots of people , i'm yuri, 15 years old, trying to learn c++, i currently know how to program with delphi (not aqn expert though), i'm learning directx and opengl, and directx9 with c++ ...and i just started a Games Development Forum, please visit and support me http://gamefiles.ath.cx/~gamefile/GDF/
    Comissioned the Games Development Forums,
    <br />http://gamefiles.ath.cx/~gamefile/GDF/
    <br />
    <br />0x00000017$accessviolation~/windowError$,
    <br />Shoe$Error%

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast