Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself

Welcome!

Shouldn't that be: "$00000017" ?
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

Introduce yourself

Lol, didn't see this thread

So my name if Maxime Delorme, I'm french 17 years old.

I learned the basis of programmation at the age of 6 when I wondered how were made the games I was playing with

I begun to write some Basic(GWBasic for the precision) lines, learning from an old book (don't remember the name).

From here to now, I've always been programming, I've learned since, other langages but the real trip into programmation begun at the age of 12(I think it's 12 or 13 but I'm not really sure) when I bought my first copy of Delphi Delphi 3 personal Edition.

But since the beginning I never had make a game ... When I got internet, I searched almost everywhere how to create games with Delphi (and fall into the little disappointment that games were made under C or C++).

Finally after some times of research I found a tool called DGC(Delphi Game Creator). But I was disappointed seeing that DGc was only for Delphi 1 and 2 and not really for Delphi 3.

After some other time of research I finally found DelphiX ! And then I begun gathering more and more documents about the creation of video games.

I'm now making a small game in 3D with Direct3D with a friend of mine.

Later ... I'd like to work on AI systems if I can.

So that's all about me

Introduce yourself

I saw this thread, but for some reason it just never clicked to actually post in it. I guess that's my anti-social behaviour showing even on the net.

My name is Brett, I'm 24 and I'm an alchoholic.
    (crowd): "Hi Brett"

nah just kidding :roll:
    I don't drink alcohol or smoke cigs or take any drugs more potent than panadol (no wonder I'm so bored all the time ).

My first experience in programming (not counting some funky osbourne keyboard thing a mate owned, you plug it into a TV and type stuff in and try to catch boxes with other, bigger boxes) was in high school PCM (practical computer methods: actually a word processing class). Messing around with the computer I found it had QBasic and subsiquently added a third snake to nibbles and made the gorillas do the mexican wave. I couldn't do much more than cut & paste and change variables tho.

Then we were taught Pascal in IPT (information processing & technology) and that opened up a whole new world. I managed to talk my teacher into lending me a copy of TP7 (don't tell borland) so I could experiment at home (classes were pretty limited and the techer spent most of his time attending to the less interested).

The first (not 'hello world') program I ever made was a computer ATM (electronic bank) that would read a PIN and balance from a floppy disk. You could withdraw & deposit and all kinds of stuff. I was pretty impressed with it. The first game I ever finished was a turn based text flight sim. Sounds strange I guess, but it worked. I even made a nice crashing scene when you got shot down (a stick plane moving 45A¬? into the ground and exploding into red & yellow pixels). I was pretty proud of that too.

After a short while I found my lack of knowledge too limiting & the help too unhelpful (it explained things like you should already know it). The town I was in hadn't even heard of the internet yet & I couldn't afford books so I more or less shelved the programming until about 4 or 5 months ago when I first discovered Delphi existed. I got version 7 and haven't stopped since then.

Wow, wasn't expecting this to be that long. If you've made it this far you have my sympathy.

I was born in Queensland but moved to Perth in Oct last year. My shoe size is 12, my slipper size isn't. I prefer turn-based strategy games (because I can eat & play, or just go do something halfway through a game and not worry about saving it or dying), so Age of Wonders is awesome for more than just the Delphi connection. The most common mistakes I make in pascal are typing 'endl' instead of 'end;' and 'being' instead of 'begin'. It's phenominal the amount of times I do that, I would say at least 60-70% of the time.

That'll do I think.
    Why are toasters created with a setting that burns the bread to a crisp no sane person could eat?
    <br />Who said Humpty Dumpty was an egg?
    <br />Why are there no 'B' sized batteries?
    <br />Why don't you ever see baby seagulls?

Introduce yourself

er..in delphi, its C$0000017 right? but in c++ the C is replaced with a 0 and the $ is replaced with an x, please correct me if i'm wrong
    Comissioned the Games Development Forums,
    <br />http://gamefiles.ath.cx/~gamefile/GDF/
    <br />
    <br />0x00000017$accessviolation~/windowError$,
    <br />Shoe$Error%

Introduce yourself

no in delphi its just $

Introduce yourself

oh , i'll remember that
    Comissioned the Games Development Forums,
    <br />http://gamefiles.ath.cx/~gamefile/GDF/
    <br />
    <br />0x00000017$accessviolation~/windowError$,
    <br />Shoe$Error%

Introduce yourself

mh, just saw this thread. I'm new here so I think I should tell you some things about me.

I'm a 16 years old guy from hannover, germany. I'm programming for, .... 4 or 5 years I think, don't really know. 1 and a half year ago I started game programming, my first one you can download at my website www.nonsensgamez.de (sorry, only German at the moment, English version will be available in some weeks). At the moment I'm working on the third game for Nonsensgamez and a 3d-strategy game. But I'm doing this nearly alone, so it will take a lot of time to finish that project.

I like programming of course, playing games, watching tv and so on. And I hate school!

my favourite drink.. not easy to say.. it's sometimes beer, sometimes vodka-cola, sometimes just water, that changes with the situation.

my shoe size is 42, don't know wats that in english size.

yeah, that's it for now. I think you know the most important things about me now.
    42 is the answer to all questions.
    <br />But what is the question to all answers?

Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFish

my shoe size is 42
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFish
    But what is the question to all answers?
    Hmmmmm.... :scratch: What is your shoe size?

Introduce yourself

Hm, ok sounds crazy in British size..
    It should be 10 or so.

Introduce yourself

Oh :shock: Well I didn't see this relation, that's not wanted..
    but funny
    You see: 42 is the ultimative answer, even to the question of my shoe size

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast