Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: BLOCKED!

BLOCKED!

I think i have found a few bugs in Blocked!!!

1. First of all when you fight the final end-boss, the mouse is locked (mouse position is set, multiple times a second), even when you alt-tab to windows. So when i want to leave the final end-boss alone for a moment, i cant use my mouse. I think this can be fixed easily (but im not sure)

2: Ok?©... let me explain this one.

Normaly.. when you shoot at something with a fireball, the fireball dissapears when it hits its target (or something else).
    But when i was fighting the final boss, the bullets didn't dissapear, they just shrunk, like they where fired into eternal space. So what i am trying to say is, it looks like my bullets go RIGHT THROUGH the endboss. In this case you could not defeat him. You should definitly take a look at this.

Fortunatly... when i noticed this, i remebered the screenshot button (F2). I tried to take as much good foto's as possible. This is one of the best.

{this picture might be removed later... because i will not leave it on my webspace for eternity}

happy bug-hunting.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

BLOCKED!

Quote Originally Posted by aidave
    im curious...

has anybody won the game?

Yeah but I had to cheat to do so. Too hard.

And actually he's just really far away or something. Aim 1.5 "sections" ahead and you'll hit him.

BLOCKED!

Ohw... maybe its an idea to make visible explosions when a bullet hits the boss. I was shooting like a mad-man but it realy didn't make any difference.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

idee_fixe

BLOCKED!

I've got bad news for you chronozphere - those fireballs are actually shrinking into the distance - the size of the cloudipede is deceiving - it is huge and quite far away, making aiming tricky (why would we make it easy, he is the BIG BOSS afterall ). For something fun, try jumping off the island onto the clouds below - you can get really close to the boss this way. Also, don't shoot the head first! Aim for the tail and work your way back up.

And remember to heal yourself at your well (just bump into it), because you'll need all the lives you can get when the secret weapon comes out.

BLOCKED!

Owh.. yeah your right.. when i was killed, i took a birdview screenshot from the boss, and indeed, the island looked very small, compared to the boss.

well.. just take a look at the first bug i mentioned.

BLOCKED!

Cool, you are at the final boss!

Good idea about having visible damage, having some damage meters would be great as well.
    Of course I dont feel right to add new features at this point, bug fixes are one thing, but not adding content.
    After the judging we will add new stuff like that.
    There is a "clank" sound when your bullets hit the boss,
    also Roberts advice about shooting the segments is on the money.

I highly recommend jumping on the Cloudipede to get a true sense of its size! :rambo:
    While on top you can attack it too!

Youre right about the ALT-TAB issue! One way to avoid that, is to pop up the menu first. Thanks for bringing that up, I fixed it
    (this latest patch 0712 also smooths out the physics of the ice cubes and debris)

Blog Entries

BLOCKED!

I just realized something...
    Pentium4, 3.0ghz, 1G RAM recommended
    Holy crap! a 3 GHz P4 w/ 1GB of RAM? :shock: I've got a Celeron M 1.6GHz w/ 512MB of RAM and it runs just fine. No slowdonws. What merits all that extra power requirements? Or was that just a guess?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

BLOCKED!

Those are the average judges specs (almost), plus my own dev computer

I've noticed that it only runs at 50% max CPU tho. So if I can figure out a way for the game to use more CPU it should go alot faster (something to do with TTimer?)

aidave - 50% processor?

Check you don't have HyperThreading enabled - If you have one thread dominating the processor (even at 100% real usage), it would show up on the Task Manager as 50%, because it's using 100% of 50% of your 'processors'.
    http://www.johnvalentine.co.uk/m00000.html

BLOCKED!

Yes i do have hyperthreading enabled!
    Now to figure out how to turn it off... :?

edit: it was a bios setting, now im getting 100% cpu thanx

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast