Hi there,

I was asked to post a thread about my PGD competition entry TANX so that it can be discussed.

I will go on with this project and have many plans for it.
Hopefully I find the time to continue.

What I want to create is a game which puts the player into fast paced action, but the player should also be able to control the action. I think in this version the system of controllable fast paced action is already working, but I have much more plans and features in my head that will support this idea.

So, for anyone who didn't care about the screenshot section of the competition, here are some ingame screenshots of my entry:

The game has 4 levels now, plus a tutorial. Menu systems are working etc. All goals of the competition have been implemented, so this is a complete little game. But the lack of time during the competition didn't let me do all the things I wanted.

So in the future, I have much to do. Here are some examples:

- changing vehicle. Atm you steer your tank or your bomb drone. I want the player to be able to steer helicopters, too. I have some ideas in my head how and when, but there has to be some more planning on this.
- Much more content! I will create much more objects, background-tiles etc in the future, so that the visuals will change from level to level.
- more enemys. Atm there are 6 different enemys, including the bosses. (7, if you count the enemy bomb drones as enemys (they have their own AI)).
- Collision responses will be a big part of future work.
- enemys will be able to patrol their paths, which will be editable in the level editor soon (this will be one of the first things I do)
- Mission goals will act like "checkpoints" in future releases. You definately will have to reach subgoals to finish the main goal of a mission.

These are the main improvements I plan. There are many other smaller things I want to do, but most of them are not worth to be discussed.

I would like to hear your opinion about the game and my ideas. Is the whole thing worth it? What would you add to the game? What is good as it is, what is bad... any bugs?

So you can download the competition entry here:

http://www.dino-it.de/TANX.zip

I would be glad if you PGD people try it and tell me what you think about it.

Greetings,
Dirk