The log merely contains:
12-05-06 14:28:42 00938523 - ORE Play Engine (Ver. 0.0 II dev - Apr 2006)
12-05-06 14:28:42 00938523 - Session Started
12-05-06 15:00:43 00AF756B - Session Ended
-13 to -20 - How strange... I'd be interested to know your machine specs. I just looked at the code in case I was doing something strange with data types, but I'm not so I can't explain that.
Exactly why I was a bit puzzled. Here's my specs:
  • ASUS A7N8X-X, NVidia nForce2, 400Mhz FSB
  • AMD 2700XP w/Barton Core (~2.2Ghz)
  • 512MB DDR SDRAM
  • ATI 9800XT 256MB (Catalyst 6.4, 8x AGP Slot)
  • An older C-Media Soundcard
  • Acer AL1916 LCD, 1280x1024@75hz
  • Windows XP Home, SP2, Latest updates

It ocurred slowly, as the window lost focus while animations ran, and sounds played (sometimes). Over about 10 focus changes, to and from, the slowdown peaked at that negative range.

This could be as a result of the system running the scripts in a seperate thread, which it does to ensure the renderer isn't blocked, thus the teleport animation (and others) is possible. This should be relatively simple to fix, by blocking movement until the script processor thread has finished. Once I've implemented a fix, I'd like to hear how you get on with.
Probably so. Just send me a PM once the next version is ready, or I could give you my email.

I couldn't have put it better myself, but we quite simply ran out of time.
I completely understand.

You have discovered the movement costs system. I implemented it to make it more difficult to travel in certain directions (uphill, through bushes for example). Each cell can specify whether a particular direction is a slow, medium or fast travel, or it can completely block travel in a particular direction. Rounding the final bend of the maze level, you are walking up hill, so you slow down... going the other way, you are walking down hill, so you speed upt.
high speed direction
Aha. It's just humorous that my speed went down to almost 10% of what it was previously, walking on a road and just turning the bend there.

As I said, let me know once you've got a new version and I'll be happy to test it for you. I've beta tested before, so don't worry about it, it's fun. Sci-Fi is one of my favorite genres, and I've looked at your other games already.