OK...

I've just played SCAG (for the second time) and It's a fekin' brilliant game.

But it needs finishing. It's a little difficult though, I was quite impressed that I got to the Lava world. I think more health is needed or something.

It reminds me very much of Raptor from back in the day only yours is more fun. I got really stuck on Raptor, it had an insanely hard learning curve and didn't offer too much in the reward department.. after each mission, I felt drained.

Mate, keep going with this OK. It's a really good game with some really nice, novel ideas. Just needs that little extra bit of polish (oh and completely original music I lurve the current menu music and I was gonna ask who did it then I checked the credits )

Things that I think need tightening up..

1. Sometimes, the screen is Too busy. If I hold down the fire button I can pretty much survive, but the baddies are too keen on the fire button.

2. Some of the graphics could use an update (Hey, I'm no artist either.. but some environment mapping would be really nice) Some smaller, more detailed particles could be used. Visual cues as to when the baddies are going to fire.

3. The boost option is really annoying. I hit more asteroids because of the boost than anything else. The movement should be predictable. The boost should be on another button I think. Then at least you know you're gonna jump.

4. More powerups. Give more health more often. If the player is low on health, make baddies pop out health upgrades. Also, if you kill a sequenc eof baddies, give a money bonus or something I noticed you did that on the asteroid level.. that was nice.

The UFO baddie on the 2nd mission was a work of art. I just got into the feel of dodge here, use my missiles from the side.. oh yeah.. this is gonna be easy.. Then the camera panned and he started to use that dish ray-gun on me.. I wasn't expecting that, I suddenly went from feeling in control to feeling scared again.. Good work.

The Lava world needs tidying up a little.. it's too jaggy and shiny. Perhaps some bump mapping could be used.. or smooth out the terrain a little and add more interesting rocks. Perhaps make it so I have to dodge them.. have some exploding volcanoes in the background or something

Have some firebolts coming out of the ground. If you're into your shaders, you could add a heat haze and make everything wavey

I didn't get to the ice world. I died

I'm currently working through a massive change to Guns Reloaded and as a break (displacement activity) I played your game and it got me thinking. I remember in a previous post of yours that you say you need to get back into finishing SCAG.

I think you're doing an awesome job here and although I can't help, I can encourage.. now put down those cheesy poofs and get back to work

awesome stuff mate, seriously