Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .S.C.A.G.

.S.C.A.G.

Booster is for pro pilots only.
    Yeah... Apparently you dont have to be pro pilot to beat the game
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

.S.C.A.G.

I tried your game again.... because i wanted to test the more expensive weapons wich i had not been able to buy yet. Before playing the last level... I could buy a drunkenpod ... I must say that it looks realy cool.

I wonder.. Is there someone out here who managed to get a devastator or is this only possible for the next version of SCAG (when more levels are included)?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

.S.C.A.G.

To get the devestator: don't buy the drunken pod and before the 4th level, sell your rockets. Then you should have the cash.

(Or maybe you want to cheat the check it out, then press 'X')

In the next version, the devestator will be more expensive and we have planned to include mure powerfull weapons.
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Blog Entries

.S.C.A.G.

I beat SCAG, I beat SCAG!!! Yay!

Nice cinematics. Last level was challenging. Either collision detection is very 'rough' or it's hard to see some of the objects/craft that you accidentally fly into. :? However that is not uncommon with many commercial video games, so not such a big deal.

But overall. Very nice graphics.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

.S.C.A.G.

Well, a long time ago we finished .S.C.A.G. for the compo. It had 4 levels, a few enemys and a few weapons.

We still woking on it. It has almost 12 levels, some are not yet finished. We added some new enemys and more weapons of mass destruction.

.S.C.A.G. is almost finished

We still need to finish 3 maps and a boss for the space-map (any ideas?)!

Thats for now! I will post the full version somewhere here...

Blog Entries

.S.C.A.G.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroDOME
    We still need to finish 3 maps and a boss for the space-map (any ideas?)!
    :twisted:

:lol: No seriously though... why not have to fly around a huge battle cruiser (I mean several times larger than the screen!) and have to fight another 'ace' around this thing? The cruiser would have all these guns and turrets firing at you (easy task in it's self), but you have to fight this guy who isn't so easy at the same time.

Make it so you can take out the turrets so they will stop harrassing you, etc...

You could even have a few of these dog fights near the end. Sort of like these pilots are reall good and they want to test themselves against you. I mean... you've proven yourself to be a highly worthy opponent at this point, no?

You know what else would be cool? I don't know how crazy you can get with the view changes at this point. But what about a view behind your fighter? iow viewing the direction that you are flying in. You can event have it switch as you go around the huge cruiser depending on what part of it you are currently. (Forward, Aft, port side, underneath, etc...)

Fodder for thought.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

.S.C.A.G.

Currenty we have a "deadstar" type of map. (Maybe I'll post screensots soon) thats need to be finished. We had the idea of putting doors in the middle that open and closes.

As for the camera rotaion: we have limited to topdown and side view. We don;t have plans to make it go down or from behind. Maps are not disigned for that purpose
    (as shown in this screenshot: )

So far we have 4 episodes with eatch 3 maps.
    3 city maps, 3 space maps, 3 lava maps and 3 ice maps and a boring story
    O yeah, we also have a bonus map , Only need a place to fit in the game... like when you shoot 70% of all enemys or something. Or you will have the chance to play it when you successfully destroyed the uber boss...

Blog Entries

.S.C.A.G.

So anything new since the post-PGDAnnual period has passed? Or have other newer projects taken over already?

It's a nice enging though, I'd hate to see if go to waste since putting all that effort into it. How about anything new using the same engine?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

.S.C.A.G.

.S.C.A.G.'s progress is slow... a bit to slow...
    We have almost 12 maps, new weapons, enemys 'n' stuff.

Things we need before release:
    - More music
    - 1 boss for stage 2 (space stage)
    - a better intro movie...

We still updating our engine...

ps. Some shots of the bonus map:

.S.C.A.G.

Still working on .S.C.A.G....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast